Menu

sudden rush of warmth in foot?

This happened to me several times about one year ago and now it's happening again.

For no apparent reason, my right foot will suddenly feel very warm and wet. It feels like I just stepped into a warm puddle. It only lasts for a few seconds.

The first time I happened, I couldn't figure out where the water was. I even took of my shoes and socks, but they were dry. My foot felt perfectly normal by the time I got my socks off. It didn't look any different from my other foot either.

I can be sitting, walking, driving, lying down, ... It doesn't seem to matter what I'm actually doing.

Any idea what this is?

Peripheral neuropathy is my guess. Anything that aggravates the nerves that run down the lower half of the leg (they split off from the sciatic nerve) can cause it. I had it a couple months ago. I irritated one of the nerves by wearing a knee brace that was too tight. I went to urgent care afraid of a blood clot. I was examined, and no other indications of blood clot were present. I was prescribed anti-inflammatory to settle down irritated inflamed nerve.

• Thanks 1

Yep it's a nerve thing. I get a similar thing where it feels like water is running down the back of my legs and I freak out because I think I peed myself :D

It is a common occurance for people who have MS (not saying you do but it's part and parcel of a disrupted nervous system).

I guess that can go right along with my sciatica. That first got really bad while I was pregnant with my oldest. It felt like the outer thigh of my left leg had burst into flame. I haven't had it get that bad since I got my orthotics and everything has been a lot better since I had PT several years ago and learned how to walk correctly (even after orthotics, I continued to walk the same way I always had).

• 10 years later...

I get it a lot too. I feel this sudden warmth in my left foot around where the toes are and I still can't find out why I'm dealing with this. It's nothing extreme, getting in my way, or anything like that, but it is weird and I'd like to know why it happens. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

My sudden warm feeling that feels like I peed is not accompanied by anything else. There is no itching, no pain, no tingling. It’s just this very odd feeling. 
i hope I get alerts if updates. Would love to get feedback. I don’t have any neurological problems known. 

On 2/17/2011 at 12:20 AM, AngieW in Texas said:

This happened to me several times about one year ago and now it's happening again.

For no apparent reason, my right foot will suddenly feel very warm and wet. It feels like I just stepped into a warm puddle. It only lasts for a few seconds.

The first time I happened, I couldn't figure out where the water was. I even took of my shoes and socks, but they were dry. My foot felt perfectly normal by the time I got my socks off. It didn't look any different from my other foot either.

I can be sitting, walking, driving, lying down, ... It doesn't seem to matter what I'm actually doing.

Any idea what this is?

On 2/17/2011 at 12:48 AM, Leanna Tomlinson said:

I have no idea what it is, but this happens to me too. It will be just like you described - a sudden feeling of warmth. My sensation is usually concentrated in the arch of my foot. It will also happen several times over a day or a few days, and then not again for months or years. ???