Menu

A device app the size of an e-reader...

Why not blog from an eInk device?

EInk has a painfully slow refresh rate, at least compared to what you're used to on a computer. It's fine for reading books, but not for typing. The Kindle is the worst, because the keyboard is awful, but I don't much like typing anything on my Sony Reader either. Honestly, using eInk for anything besides reading feels to me like I'm on one of my dad's computers from the early 80s. But I LOVE it for reading.

EInk has a painfully slow refresh rate, at least compared to what you're used to on a computer. It's fine for reading books, but not for typing. The Kindle is the worst, because the keyboard is awful, but I don't much like typing anything on my Sony Reader either. Honestly, using eInk for anything besides reading feels to me like I'm on one of my dad's computers from the early 80s. But I LOVE it for reading.

I agree, though I don't mind the keyboard. I love my Kindle for reading and the occasional game, but I only use its web functionality if absolutely necessary because it's awkward.

I love my iPod touch for mobile web use and am typing this reply on mine right now.

My husband loves his Archos tablet which is under $200 and smaller than an IPAD. Check it out.

My husband just ordered one of these, too. I'm planning to use it as an e-reader, and to surf the net. If you want to, you could pm me in a week or two and I'll let you know how it would be for blogging, etc.

Heather