Menu

Rainbow resource splurge

I love to do this too! Usually I tailor it to what my dd's are interested in. Dd10 likes to craft, so one year I bought a ton of crafty type stuff: blank people, blank bookmarks, sequins, wiggly eyes, craft sticks, etc. That stuff is so cheap at RR! Dd16 likes to draw and paint, so one year I bought her a watercolor pad with a couple special pencils and erasers. One year I bought Dd16 a flower press. One year I bought Blokus for us all to enjoy. I'm thinking about Settlers of Catan this year. Let's see, I've also bought the younger dd blank books and sticky mosaics.

So what are their individual interests? And we can make some more specific suggestions ;)

I love it when they open the box and are going through it and see surprises for them!! :hurray:

I love to do this too! Usually I tailor it to what my dd's are interested in. Dd10 likes to craft, so one year I bought a ton of crafty type stuff: blank people, blank bookmarks, sequins, wiggly eyes, craft sticks, etc. That stuff is so cheap at RR! Dd16 likes to draw and paint, so one year I bought her a watercolor pad with a couple special pencils and erasers. One year I bought Dd16 a flower press. One year I bought Blokus for us all to enjoy. I'm thinking about Settlers of Catan this year. Let's see, I've also bought the younger dd blank books and sticky mosaics.

So what are their individual interests? And we can make some more specific suggestions ;)

I love it when they open the box and are going through it and see surprises for them!! :hurray:

dd 13 is really in to the fantasy genre...she plays dungeons and dragons (please no tomatoes...she plays it with her dad and they don't worship the devil ;)) and likes to write up the story lines that they play; she also likes animals (has a pet donkey)

dd 9 LOVES fairies. She got a TOOB of fairies and dragons for Christmas and thinks they are awesome. She also is a pretty good gymnast and likes to grow stuff in the summer

dd5 is a girly girl. Princesses, dress up, dollies are her cup o tea.

ds3 is all boy. We're not doing too much formal work with him, but if his is a ball or has wheels he is all about it!

dd 13 is really in to the fantasy genre...she plays dungeons and dragons (please no tomatoes...she plays it with her dad and they don't worship the devil ;))

:lol: Dh used to play that with my cousins.

Let's see:

dd13 there is a book called Adventures in Fantasy, it's all about writing your own fantasy complete with making maps of your fantasy world. This is more bookish but still very cool. "Raising Dragons" by Bryan Davis is the first book in one of my dd16's favorite series. Again, not too hands on but...

dd9 maybe Fairy Garden or Fairy Triad Dome Terrarium Kit, they also have some fairy figurines like Bluebell and Buttercup

dd5 maybe Princess Elise Magnetic Dress Up Doll (my younger dd has this one) or Pretty Princess Felt Tales Storyboard

ds3 if you have a place for it, a scooter board (it has wheels and he can move himself :lol:), they also have these cool Automoblox cars

Have fun looking for something! You've got me ready to start looking now ;)