Menu

Sensitive skin and Clinique

Is Clinique gentle enough for sensitive skin? I know they claim it to be but then so do a lot of other products. I have very sensitive skin that is prone to rashes or break outs from shampoo, soaps, perfumes, etc. I need a skin routine that will not cause more issues. :)

If Clinique didn't work for you then what do you recommend?

My mom and I have EXTREMELY sensitive skin and Clinique make up is the only make up I have ever been able to use. I have also tried the cheaper brands that say they are hyper-allergenic and have ended up with rashes on my eyelids. I am sure though Clinique works for some people and doesn't for others.

Clinque's yellow lotion made me break out.

I use Bare Minerals makeup, but I have to use the Mineral Veil as a base before the foundation (and I still use it after too). If I put the foundation on first, it's an irritant.

I don't know what causes the reactions. I use a mix of Neutrogena and Oil of Olay (or knockoffs) for cleansing and moisturizing.

Is Clinique gentle enough for sensitive skin? I know they claim it to be but then so do a lot of other products. I have very sensitive skin that is prone to rashes or break outs from shampoo, soaps, perfumes, etc. I need a skin routine that will not cause more issues. :)

I've used the make for over 20 years and LOVE it!

I don't care for the skincare products as they make my skin burn/itch.

I use Oil of Olay for sensitive skin for cleansing/moisturizing.

Clinique is the only skin care products that don't break out my skin but I have the opposite problem, I need soap and toner that doesn't leave any kind of film or oil and will break up what my skin over produces (gentle cleansers leave my skin feeling oily and filmy). And I need oil free moisturizers and make up. Clinique is the only brand that I've been able to use without any issues at all. However, I do use their harshest soap and toner. They have 4 levels of soap and toner and I use #4. A friend of mine with much more sensitive skin than mine uses level one and the regular (not oil free) moisturizer and is equally happy with it.

Clinque's yellow lotion made me break out.

The regular Clinique lotion makes me break out but the oil free one is the only moisturizer I've ever been able to use. Both are the same color and in the same kind of bottles. I always have to double check because more than once the girl at the make up counter has given me the wrong one.

Clinique burns my skin horribly, but my sister loves it and her skin is generally more sensitive than mine. I use homemade soap, burts bees toner and cream, and mineral makeup. I have also used cetaphil and eucerin products without much trouble.

Do you make your own soap or buy from a WAHM? Do you find it dries your skin out?

I have somewhat sensitive skin and don't do well with Clinique -- but I was trying the whole 3 step thing. I'm not sure if it might have been one of the products or the combo of all 3, but it stung and made me redder than my usual bit of redness.

I do like Clinique blending powder and lipsticks, though. No problems there.

I use Bare Minerals makeup, but I have to use the Mineral Veil as a base before the foundation (and I still use it after too). If I put the foundation on first, it's an irritant.

I don't know what causes the reactions. I use a mix of Neutrogena and Oil of Olay (or knockoffs) for cleansing and moisturizing.

Bare Minerals made my eyelids feel so greasy! I always seemed to have a line in my crease where the make up gravitated. :) I loved their foundation though.

Oil of Olay is a no go. I get a horrible rash, massive amounts of nasty zits AND it makes my skin burn.

And now that some of you have mentioned it, I remember using a Clinique sample in high school and having the same burning issue. Hmmm

Well, we started making soap as demonstrators for an historical reenactment, about 38 years ago. So our ingredients are fat and lye. We've experimennted with a variety of additions, but found we prefer it to be pure. We do frequently add toasted oats, which I like as well as plain for my face and babies. We also add dried lavender or poppy seeds once in a great while, but these are for hands. Nothing else.

What ingredients do you use? Do you use essential oils?

From a monetary standpoint, you have nothing to lose. If you don't like/or can't use anything, you just take it back and get your money back no matter if you use it for a few days or a few weeks or even months.

I used to work for Estee Lauder (same company), they are very serious about trying to make their customers happy.

Clinique is the only skin care products that don't break out my skin but I have the opposite problem, I need soap and toner that doesn't leave any kind of film or oil and will break up what my skin over produces (gentle cleansers leave my skin feeling oily and filmy). And I need oil free moisturizers and make up. Clinique is the only brand that I've been able to use without any issues at all. However, I do use their harshest soap and toner. They have 4 levels of soap and toner and I use #4. A friend of mine with much more sensitive skin than mine uses level one and the regular (not oil free) moisturizer and is equally happy with it.

I have oily but sensitive skin and Clinique products are hit or miss for me. I can use the toner, bar soap, mascara, and eye pencils, but lotions, eye shadow, makeup remover, and several other products inflame my skin.

For those interested, my oily skin does best with the oily skin soap and #4 toner and looking for a way to cut costs, I played around with the toner recipe. It's working equally well for me at a fraction of the cost.

Clinique Toner #4 Copycat Recipe

1/4 cup 80 proof vodka

1/4 cup witch hazel

1/4-1/2 cup water

4-6 drops white willow bark extract

http://www.amazon.com/Natures-Answer-White-Willow-1-Ounce/dp/B00014H5OE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1297087283&sr=8-2

Clinique Toner #4 Copycat Recipe

1/4 cup 80 proof vodka

1/4 cup witch hazel

1/4-1/2 cup water

4-6 drops white willow bark extract

http://www.amazon.com/Natures-Answer-White-Willow-1-Ounce/dp/B00014H5OE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1297087283&sr=8-2

Thanks for this recipe! After spending last night researching different companies and checking on www.skindeep.com I decided I don't want any commercial products. Some of the most well recommended products I found last night contain cancer causing chemicals and/or estrogen disrupting chemicals. Just not what I am looking for in skin care if YKWIM.

I use Clinique foundation. However, I cannot use their moisturizer. I use philosophy's cleanser and moisturizer.