Menu

No-poo, no chemicals, all natural

girls.......how do you replace the "pretty" smell?

I've gone to all natural hygiene products including deodorant. (all made by me) However, I'm stuck in the land of "You don't stink but you don't smell good either." land.:001_smile: (nothing like 10 year old boys to put it in perspective!)

I wanna smell like rainbows in sunshine or "fresh linen" :D Right now I just smell, er weird??

I use baking soda/vinegar (shampoo and soap), honey for face wash, almond oil for moisturizer.

How do I get my Bath and Body knock off smell ?? :lol:

We don't use fragrances of any kind either or at least try to minimize it. Sometimes hard to find fragrance free stuff.

Do you know what your natural smell is? I asked my husband one day while we were on a trip if one of my shirts smelled of b.o. (my nose was stuffed up) He said, nope, just your natural smell. He couldn't describe it to me, but just that he liked it. Your son is probably picking up on the vinegar smell. I know this will sound weird, but ask your husband what he thinks. Hopefully he won't think it's a trick question like do these pants make my butt look fat. :)

Essential oils. Pick your favourites and make your own scented oil. Dab it on your wrists and behind your ears, just like you would perfume. Or just add them to the products you're already making. You'll smell lovely *and* you can make blends that correspond to your needs at the time. (i.e. invigorating, healing, soothing, etc.)

Essential oils. Pick your favourites and make your own scented oil. Dab it on your wrists and behind your ears, just like you would perfume. Or just add them to the products you're already making. You'll smell lovely *and* you can make blends that correspond to your needs at the time. (i.e. invigorating, healing, soothing, etc.)

:iagree::iagree: Yes. This. Everyone tells me I smell wonderful....and usually it's my homemade deodorant :D

This is what I was going to say! You can usually get essential oils at health food stores, and make your own mix. We have a 'headache mix' we use for aromatherapy that smells great. It is just 8 drops of lavender oil mixed with 1 oz sweet almond oil. I would wear it as perfume if I wore perfume, lol. I think sweet almond oil is a good base to add most essential oils to if you want to make perfume.

after a while you get use too it. I cannot use essential oils either.

I read somewhere ( I think in a back to earth type mag) that the reason there are so many divorces in the world is that people are masking their natural scent, and their chemical bond with their partner gets confused by all the smells people add to their bodies..

Now I am not sure that I would go that far. but I do find my DH's body scent wildly attractive, especially after a hard day's work! so maybe the article was onto something.

Basically, I use this recipe:

http://www.passionatehomemaking.com/2010/02/homemade-all-natural-deodorant.html

However, I make sure my baking soda is aluminum free (some people say all baking soda is aluminum free, but I get Bob's Red Mill that actually states that it is), and I use only organic coconut oil.

Also, I use an electric hand mixer instead of a spoon, as it mixes more thoroughly and easily, and I add essential oils. I think the last time I made it I added lavender, tea tree, eucalyptus, and geranium.

This smells heavenly, and I never stink at.all. Ever. Also....and I hope this isn't TMI.......but you can safely use this in, um, 'other areas' to avoid a nasty smell as well.....how do I even say this? Avoid "cr@tch r@t", you know? The behind can smell good. Really. OK....totally blushing here, but hope this helps.

However, I make sure my baking soda is aluminum free (some people say all baking soda is aluminum free, but I get Bob's Red Mill that actually states that it is), and I use only organic coconut oil.

Also, I use an electric hand mixer instead of a spoon, as it mixes more thoroughly and easily, and I add essential oils. I think the last time I made it I added lavender, tea tree, eucalyptus, and geranium.

This smells heavenly, and I never stink at.all. Ever. Also....and I hope this isn't TMI.......but you can safely use this in, um, 'other areas' to avoid a nasty smell as well.....how do I even say this? Avoid "cr@tch r@t", you know? The behind can smell good. Really. OK....totally blushing here, but hope this helps.

Thanks for sharing the recipe - I use a deo stone right now, but have been wanting to try something else.

As far as the bolded...I'm more than:lol:...I'm just about in tears from laughing! (good tip though - may have to try it!)

So you are saying you grease your undercarriage? That seems uncomfortable.

Rose geranium is one of my favourite smells that even dh, who is highly sensitive to smells, seems to be able to handle. I even drop it on the toilet floormat sometimes and ds15 said to me the other day "mum, I like using your bathroom the most because it smells so nice."

I also love any citrus but many people are allergic. Bergamot is an antidepressant and a lovely smell. I sometimes drop it in the dishwater.

I love lavender but dh is very allergic.

So you are saying you grease your undercarriage? That seems uncomfortable.

Well.....yes, I do. But, it absorbs quickly leaving a lovely scent..and no nasty scent as well. ;) It's more soothing and refreshing than uncomfortable.