Menu

Blessed Day anyway - mil's memorial service

My mil's memorial service was today. She was a much loved woman who was a string Christian and wonderful mother, mil, grandmother. In spite of sometimes difficult circumstances, she lived a life honoring to God.

God's grace was abundant. It was the coldest day of the year here and we don't have much heat, and I hate the cold. The iron broke, with 10 people to get dressed in dressy clothes. When I went to take my shower, including my badly needing a shampoo hair, the hot water had run out. My dh was supposed to be home 1 1/2 hours earlier than he had said, to help with all of this - no call, etc. (my man doesn't like to initiate communication). One son was with him. Sweet daughter hemmed his pants at the last minute, as he wasn't here earlier to get dressed and notice such pants needed hemming.

It could have been a very stressful day for me, but God's grace kept me calm and I felt very blessed during the wonderful memorial service, which couldn't have gone better. She was a wonderful woman and I am glad I felt God's presence during all of this, instead of it being a stressful time.

Thank you to those of you who read my thread last Friday night asking for guidance and prayer when it seemed it was her last day or so. I appreciate your prayers and wise counsel. Her homegoing was a truly peaceful and God honoring time. I had to experience it to believe it. Praise be to God.