Menu

If you've made Quiver's cinnamon rolls (or any cinnamon rolls, really), can you help?

I have a few questions:

What have you baked them in? I'd really like to put them in a 9x13 white Pyrex, but I'm not sure if that will affect the results. The original recipe calls for putting them on a baking sheet, but I want the outer rolls to stay softer.

When you set them out after cutting them for the last rise before baking, do you lay them so they're touching each other a bit, or leave some space in between?

I've never made homemade cinnamon rolls before, so I'm not sure how they differ from, say, the Pillsbury kind.

TIA!

I always use a pan with sides. As another poster said, my simliar recipe yields enough dough for a 9x13 plus a round or square cake pan.

Spacing depends on what direction you want them to rise. I usually give an inch between, but I you put them closer together you will just have taller rolls, kwim? Either way they should come out fine (and taste yummy!).

I always use my clear glass Pyrex 9x13, I think your dish will be fine. Yes, mine touch just a little before they rise the second time. I like to bake until just golden brown, we like them very soft and not overdone. Good luck!

I use a standard Pyrex as well. Don't overbake, though, as the glass cooks quickly.

I made Quivers this Christmas (with DD help :-) ), and they turned out wonderfully! I used a glass pyrex pan and let them do the 2nd rise over night in the fridge. I had them spaced a little bit apart and covered them with plastic wrap. In the morning I took them out of the fridge and let them sit for abour 30 min (to get to room temp) and then put them in the oven for about 10 min.

SOOOOOOO YUMMY!

I use a glass Pyrex (Anchor Hocking, maybe?), the one I use for cinnamon rolls is actually a little bigger than 9x13.

I use http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Clone-of-a-Cinnabon/Detail.aspx Clone of a Cinnabon recipe. The only thing I change, is that I cut back the flour to 4 cups.

My rolls do not touch when I put them in the pan but they rise to fill the pan. I always make them the night before then put them in the refrigerator and bake in the morning.

I just made Quiver's last weekend. I used a 9x13 and a round pie dish. I also made them the night before and let them do their second rise in the fridge overnight. The only thing I had to do was to bake them longer than the recipe said, I think I did 20 or 25 minutes. I did not, however, let them sit after taking them out of the fridge. All of mine were touching, also.

They were DELISH!

UPDATE:

These are INCREDIBLE!!!! DH was so blissed out that he felt compelled to post about them on Facebook :lol: Both girls raved about them. I liked them too :D

For those of you new to the recipe, I did learn several things in the process. I don't typically bake yeast-based things, so I was feeling my way along. I learned:

• It's true that you must PROOF YOUR YEAST before baking, because the brand new yeast packets you buy at the grocery store still might not be as effective as the huge, theoretically expired, six-year-old bag of Red Star that you've had in the back of your fridge :glare:

• When you roll out the dough, the rectangle will be bigger than you think! Prep and roll on a large surface.

• The dough is sticky. Consider using powdered sugar to coat your rolling pin instead of flour (I used some of both). Thanks to Mama Geek, I think, for that tip!

• The filling was drier than I expected but that's how it's supposed to be.

• I put them in the pan not touching (maybe 1/4 to 1/2 inch of space between them), and they rose and baked to fill the space perfectly.

• The glass 9x13 Pyrex was the perfect pan for these.

• I did refrigerate them overnight and left them out for 40 minutes to come to room temp, but I ended up needing to bake them for around 15 minutes, not 10. Pay close attention to the color, not so much the time.

• I was worried that, with my yeast problem, they wouldn't do the second rise well in the fridge, but they did and were perfect.

Thank you so much for all your advice on this recipe! It really helped me get them right on the first try, in spite of the angst over the yeast.