Menu

Future, I am here...

And my name is Kinnect. Seriously, this thing is amazing. Kind of creepy, but amazing all the same. No need to worry about P.E. classes ever again.

Disclaimer: This poster does not advocate or endorse the replacement of outdoor play with real people and and fresh air with the cyber world.

A coworker's daughter won one at camp a couple of months ago. He says it is awesome!

While it sounds neat, we have a Wii and I'm too cheap to buy a new game system along with all the games that you will need to make it work. I suppose if my kids want a Kinnect they will need to grow up, move out and get their own! :tongue_smilie:

Dh surprised the kids with one yesterday. I actually think we are going to return it. Our living room is small and we were having problems with enough space and the Kinect recognizing the right people at the right time. We really wanted to like it, but it just seemed kinda glitch-y for something right out of the box.

Edited by mom2att

I wanted to get one for my 17yo, but he said "no." :confused: He and my 12yo ds have an X-Box 360 in their basement "boy cave." I couldn't talk my 12yo into it either - he is much more into the Wii we have upstairs.

My older son said he wanted one, but wanted to wait until the "second generation" comes out so that all the kinks are worked out.

I'm glad you're having fun with it and I'm sure we will end up with one eventually!

I want one. But ds is very happy with his xbox 360. It does look so futuristic.

The girls and I love ours. Ds doesn't care anything for it. You don't get the war game experience with it. Now, if he could be, oh say, klling zoombies and hitting the dirt with it, THAT he would enjoy. He prefers his regular games. The Kinect just means that he has to share.:lol:

This was our gift to ds6 (lol, he had it on his two page hand printed list- actually the whole family will enjoy it). I heartily recommend it if you do NOT have a small room. I have been SO over the whole gaming culture in our family (dh introduced ds9 to Halo when he was 3), and putting more and more limits on the kids' gaming time (as much as I can get away with in said culture :glare:). I can see that Kinect is actually a HUGE workout. I can only handle 1-2 segments at a time physically (after that I'm huffing and puffing... can you say out of shape?), and ds6 could do it for HOURS if allowed. It's actually getting couch potato ds9 up and moving.

The games are *cute*! The adventure game that came with our Kinect interface is cooperative. I heard the boys say, "This is actually sometime we can 'not fight' over." No complaints here so far. We even have a tree in the same room and we've been able to use it just fine. The only issue I have had is ds6 needs to put his toddler brother's safety above making the next goal or point on his game. (Good life lesson I suppose, consideration for others).

Oh, ya it was definitely glitchy at first, and you have to have a lot of room-6-8ft clearance from the tv minimum. That's the one thing I would caution anyone about before they buy one. We almost don't have enough room and will have to get a shelf for over the tv to put the Kinnect on. They had our couch in the garage yesterday.:glare: But it will be worth it in the long run. Now if I could only get the Fitness reports to print to my computer for our portfolio, that would be awesome!