Menu

UPS rant

EKS

My son's best friend and mentor is a 70yo man with MS. He recently moved about 800 miles away so we sent him cookies overnight yesterday, assuming they would arrive today in time for Christmas. $50 in shipping charges. Obviously I should have gotten my cookie act together earlier, but it is what it is.

I just got an email from UPS. The cookies got there at 10:30 this morning. THEY DIDN'T LEAVE THEM THERE BECAUSE NO ONE ANSWERED THE DOOR. (UPS doesn't seem to have a problem leaving packages worth hundreds of dollars at my door.) They're going to deliver them on the 27th instead.

I am beyond mad. I'm going to ask for my money back, but that really isn't the point.

I am in my own UPS rant mode today. I ordered my dc's stocking stuffers from drugstore.com. (They screwed up my last order and gave me an account credit so I decided to try them again.) I placed my order *last* Wednesday, as in over a week ago. (They were promising in - time delivery on all orders placed by noon on this past Monday. I placed my order 5 days earlier than that.)

I checked the UPS website on Monday. It showed a "rescheduled" delivery date of 12/24. I got nervous. I emailed drugstore.com. They said there wasn't anything they could do. :-/ Like I knew would happen, we left for church at 3:45. UPS had not shown up yet. I left a note on the door - UPS: please leave the package on the doorstep. It is *very* important." I came home at 7 pm and there was a UPS notice on my note - not home, will attempt re-delivery on 12/27. I was so upset I cried.

Yup, stocking stuffers for 6 children, delivered on Monday. So dh and I ran around trying to find a store that was still open and quick buy some stupid stuff so their stockings wouldn't be empty. (Yeah, we got the world's worst junk for their stockings. ::sigh:: )

I *hate* UPS.

UPS packages are always left on the doorstep at my parents' house, regardless of whether anyone's home. They do ring the doorbell, however. I live in an apartment, and both USPS and UPS do *not* leave packages on the doorstep. They leave notes if they don't get an answer. I wonder what makes the difference?? I'm actually glad they don't leave packages, because when it rains our front stoop becomes very wet and packages would be ruined...but I'd still like to know why an apartment is a no-no and a house isn't...

:grouphug: to those of you who've had issues with things not being delivered as they should've been :(

UPS always leaves our packages.

My Christmas rant - a package for our granddaughter that lives in a suburb of Minneapolis. Apparently, it went to the wrong UPS sorting center in another suburb of Minneapolis on December 17. As of Christmas Eve, it has yet to arrive at granddaughter's home. I am beyond furious. :rant:

Wow, that is sad. And the price to get it there, to me was a little shocking. I hope you get the refund.

I've arrived home to multiple packages left on my door step, out in the open many times.

My son's best friend and mentor is a 70yo man with MS. He recently moved about 800 miles away so we sent him cookies overnight yesterday, assuming they would arrive today in time for Christmas. $50 in shipping charges. Obviously I should have gotten my cookie act together earlier, but it is what it is.

I just got an email from UPS. The cookies got there at 10:30 this morning. THEY DIDN'T LEAVE THEM THERE BECAUSE NO ONE ANSWERED THE DOOR. (UPS doesn't seem to have a problem leaving packages worth hundreds of dollars at my door.) They're going to deliver them on the 27th instead.

I am beyond mad. I'm going to ask for my money back, but that really isn't the point.

I wonder how they decide who can have their packages left at the door and who cannot.... Do you think they won't leave the package close to Christmas b/c that is when the most thefts occur? I just saw someone one the news who was arrested for going around stealing packages off people's doorsteps. Just pulling up in their driveway, popping them in her trunk and leaving.

Same here. I had something specifically delivered yesterday to someone. It was very important that she receive it BEFORE Christmas. They left it at the apt. office building--which of course closed before the person could pick it up.

I know, it's an apt., it's a bit different than leaving at a house. I'm disappointed that I spent a TON of money and didn't plan to at least have it delivered Thursday.

How awful! We've had the opposite problem...They ALWAYS leave it out. Rain, snow, you name it. I've had HUGE boxes of school books left in the pouring rain, boxes w/ hundreds of dollars of car parts for hubby sitting out, ugh! And they just leave it on the front step where anyone could come by and steal it. When we ordered a new computer I didn't leave the house for 2 days waiting for it! LOL! Luckily that one had to be signed for.

:grouphug:

I wonder how they decide who can have their packages left at the door and who cannot.... Do you think they won't leave the package close to Christmas b/c that is when the most thefts occur? I just saw someone one the news who was arrested for going around stealing packages off people's doorsteps. Just pulling up in their driveway' date=' popping them in her trunk and leaving.[/quote']

My husband, who owns shipping stores, says that packages are left at the discretion of the driver. He also said that unless you gave specific instructions to leave the package whether anyone was home or not, you will not get your money back. I'm sorry - I know that's frustrating.