Menu

Anyone else think cash/gift cards are the perfect gift?

I know a lot of people view cash/gift cards as a tacky gift but I love to receive them and appreciate the fact that the person is getting me something that I most definitely will use.

Case in point, DH and I.... I was on a Twilight Zone kick last month and checked out all the episodes from the library. I even mentioned to DH that I wanted to buy the entire series(at least I did ;)). He mentioned today, that he was thinking of getting me the set for Christmas and I said, "No, I want a mixer.":tongue_smilie:

As for DH, He's really into this certain TV series and I though about buying it for him. I mentioned that the series was at the library and when we went he checked out the 3rd season but bypassed the 1st two seasons since "they weren't all that interesting to him." Glad I didn't buy Season 1.:lol:. Maybe we're both too fickle. LOL.

My parents (who live solely on Social Security and my mother's small state pension) LOVE it when we send cash. That's really all they want.

I didn't do it this year, though. I sent them some gourmet food, because as much as they love cash they also love to eat good stuff. They're probably a little disappointed, even though I'm sure they're enjoying what I sent, but it just worked out better for me this year.

I know a lot of people view cash/gift cards as a tacky gift but I love to receive them and appreciate the fact that the person is getting me something that I most definitely will use.

:iagree: Exactly! I'd rather have (so-called) "impersonal" gift cards than a gift that says, "I don't know anything about you and I don't care." :tongue_smilie:

Case in point, DH and I.... I was on a Twilight Zone kick last month and checked out all the episodes from the library. I even mentioned to DH that I wanted to buy the entire series(at least I did ;)). He mentioned today, that he was thinking of getting me the set for Christmas and I said, "No, I want a mixer.":tongue_smilie:

As for DH, He's really into this certain TV series and I though about buying it for him. I mentioned that the series was at the library and when we went he checked out the 3rd season but bypassed the 1st two seasons since "they weren't all that interesting to him." Glad I didn't buy Season 1.:lol:. Maybe we're both too fickle. LOL.

I love getting cash/gift cards but I have gotten to where I am careful who I give them to. My oldest dd and her husband like them and have even asked for them. My middle son and his wife feel they are impersonal so I got give those to them.

I don't think gift cards or cash are tacky.

This is my first year back to work after 10 years. Dh is still unemployed (15 months). I clean houses. 2 houses gave me bonus cash. 1 house gave me bonus cash and a Target gift card for my boys. 1 house gave me a restaurant gift card and 1 gave me a gift card for the movies.

I'm thrilled! I get to take my kiddos to see a movie! I get to go out to eat! My boys get to pick out toys or clothes at Target!

The money is very nice and appreciated. Gift cards are nice because the money won't go to bills. It'll go to having some nice family time. I feel very fortunate to have such good clients and I feel a little bit spoiled. :001_smile: