Menu

Speaking of Playmobil...

My kids don't have any Playmobil toys. I actually had never even heard of Playmobil until I read about it here last Christmas. My youngest will be 5 on December 30th, and I am thinking about getting her a Playmobil set. I have no idea where to even start. We have a nice barn with plenty of horses (it's actually Anna's but she lets the others play with it...sometimes), but other than that, we don't have anything like it. So I am thinking of the animal nursery, farm, dollhouse, or maybe some of the zoo stuff because she loves animals, especially pandas! She is very imaginative, and I know she would love any of them, but I just can't decide which would get the most use. I would like get that giant castle, but I want to spend less than or around $50. So what are your young girl's favorite Playmobil toys? Also, do the kits come with everything that is shown in the picture unless otherwise noted?

I don't have dds, but my ds used to have a lot of fun with Playmobil toys. If you have a Marshall's or TJMaxx in your area, give them a call and see if they have any Playmobil toys there this year. Last year, they had a bunch of different sets, and the prices were excellent.

Cat

I don't have dds, but my ds used to have a lot of fun with Playmobil toys. If you have a Marshall's or TJMaxx in your area, give them a call and see if they have any Playmobil toys there this year. Last year, they had a bunch of different sets, and the prices were excellent.

Cat

We do have Marshall's and TJMaxx! Thanks!

I agree with others who have suggested the Take-Along sets. They are an affordable start. We began ds with the Take-Along Castle, and we added a few extra knights that were available. You could definitely do that with the barn or dollhouse by adding other animals or people, possibly a car/camper. Playmobil is very popular in our house. Even though it is expensive, the play opportunities with it are endless and it lasts forever!

Oh no. The set at Costco is no longer listed - it was a wilderness adventure set. I'm sorry. It was there last week. I had my eye on it for DS for his post-Christmas bday. Now to start the hunt again...

You might try the Playmobil website. They have discontinued sets listed. And sometimes Tuesday Morning has sets, as well.

It's a bit more than you wanted to spend, but what little girl could resist their very own wedding chapel? :001_wub: I've seen it IRL and it is just so darling. And little girls just love that sort of thing. :001_wub:

OMG, I LOVE the wedding chapel! LOVE it! I love all the wedding accessories. I was so hoping this baby would be a girl so I would FINALLY get to play with some girly Playmobil sets. No such luck. Looks like I'm stuck with Knights and Pirates and Romans and Egyptians.

Playmobil is HUGE in Germany and last night we went past one of the big stores and they had 7 of their big display windows dedicated to Playmobil. It was FREEZING outside, but we stood for a good 20 minutes looking at it.

My friend's daughter has the take along playhouse and adores it. Here are some great sets your daughter might like (the accessories that come with them are so plentiful and detailed they make me want to swoon):

Family Camper

Forest Lodge (slightly over $50)

Family Vacation Home

OMG, I want them all!

Thanks everyone!!

OMG, I LOVE the wedding chapel! LOVE it! I love all the wedding accessories. I was so hoping this baby would be a girl so I would FINALLY get to play with some girly Playmobil sets. No such luck. Looks like I'm stuck with Knights and Pirates and Romans and Egyptians.

Playmobil is HUGE in Germany and last night we went past one of the big stores and they had 7 of their big display windows dedicated to Playmobil. It was FREEZING outside, but we stood for a good 20 minutes looking at it.

My friend's daughter has the take along playhouse and adores it. Here are some great sets your daughter might like (the accessories that come with them are so plentiful and detailed they make me want to swoon):

Family Camper

Forest Lodge (slightly over $50)

Family Vacation Home

OMG, I want them all!

I really like that Forest Lodge. Thanks!

My dd's first intro to Playmobile was the bunny school house (mushroom set), and she adored it. Now, though, the pirate set is her most favorite. Her uncle bought her the ship last Christmas, and she has been adding to it ever since. She just received more pirate stuff from a friend for her b-day.

This summer, dd purchased the pyramid with money she had saved up, but she hasn't played with it as much. Its walls tend to fall in when touched or moved, though, so it's not as fun to play with. Wish we would have realized that before stocking up on the accessories during a sale because those are part of her Christmas!

She also has a Playmobile advent calendar that she adores, and she purchased the nativity set when she bought the pyramid.

At one point, Playmobile made fairy tale sets. We have the Hansel and Gretel set. She seems to like it pretty well, too, but the backdrop is cardboard (sturdy and still in good shape after 2 years, though).

I have yet to meet a child who doesn't like Playmobile. The problem, Nakia, will be not going crazy with purchases! The sets are too much fun. :tongue_smilie:

Edited by kimmie38017

My kids loved Playmobil. And truthfully, I think I enjoyed picking it out and setting it up just as much.

Interesting fact for those who are into not buying Chinese toys:

most of the take along sets and less expensive sets sold at Target, Costco, etc. are actually made in China, not Europe. FYI

http://www.chinafreechristmas.info/2007/08/playmobil-made-in-germany.html

Margaret

Edited by Margaret in GA
added a link

My DD has the take along animal clinic. She too is an animal lover!

She also has the horse bath one.

This Christmas she asked for Ancient Egypt, so grandparents got her the Pyramid and the Sphinx, we got her the tomb.

They also have the advent calendars. We are going to do the forest friends for DS and the fairy one for DD.

We LOVE playmobil here!