Menu

Looking for an Advent Unit Study

Jennifer

I am looking for a downloadable unit study/notebooking kit for Advent. Somewhere I saw one using names for Jesus (Prince of Peace, etc) that looked good. Free is great, but I am willing to pay-I need something awesome and easy and that will result in a finished product my children can show off to relatives. (Yes, I know homeschooling isn't about the finished product. This advent it is. Trust me and let it go.)

Jennifer

this site is amazing, always: http://www.aholyexperience.com/

also, in the sidebar is an inspirational link for calendar ideas - could be used in combination w/ her study.

Thank you so much for posting this! I follow this blog in my reader, but haven't checked it lately. I was so disappointed to find that the book The Glorious Coming was no longer being sold...perhaps she was revising it. Yay! I am so glad that she plans to have a download available in time for this year.

this site is amazing, always: http://www.aholyexperience.com/

also, in the sidebar is an inspirational link for calendar ideas - could be used in combination w/ her study.

This is a very amazing site. I'm having trouble finding a study about advent though? I keep looking and even did a search on the site for advent and I don't see any type of study or similar?

how long did it take to get your link?

If you're talking about the book link I signed up and got the confirmation email this morning but I haven't received anything with a link at this point anyway. I don't know if I'll be able to use it this year because I think it was supposed to start today?

If you have a reader that you put blogs into, you can move your mouse over the left side of the blog page where it says "connect." At the bottom of the list of ways to subscribe is a reader option. I use google reader, and I had this blog there already before the blog was recently updated. I added the blog to the reader, and the link was at the bottom of this post. I didn't see it at first, but it was there. I'm not sure about the email option, but with the reader option it was immediately there.

If you have a reader that you put blogs into, you can move your mouse over the left side of the blog page where it says "connect." At the bottom of the list of ways to subscribe is a reader option. I use google reader, and I had this blog there already before the blog was recently updated. I added the blog to the reader, and the link was at the bottom of this post. I didn't see it at first, but it was there. I'm not sure about the email option, but with the reader option it was immediately there.

I have no clue what this means! :lol:

I have no clue what this means! :lol:

:lol: I was clear as mud, right?

There are readers now where you can subscribe to all of the blogs you love to read and it compiles them all in one place...post by post...so you can read them all there everyday. When google reader first came out I read my blogs there faithfully...now, I don't have time to keep up. If you have a gmail account there will be a "reader" link at the top of the page when your email is open. You can go there and manually enter the website addresses of the blogs you would like to follow, or you can usually subscribe from the actual blog...which is what this blog does if you click on that reader button. I really have no idea about other readers. Google's was simple to access because I already had a gmail account.

If you're talking about the book link I signed up and got the confirmation email this morning but I haven't received anything with a link at this point anyway. I don't know if I'll be able to use it this year because I think it was supposed to start today?

That's where I am too! I signed up, but I haven't received an email yet to look at the bottom of. Hope it comes tonight. I might just do the reading with the kids and we'll do the ornament a day late...hoping it comes tomorrow! Any help/ideas appreciated.

If you want to PM me your email addys, I will send you the PDF file.

:lol: I was clear as mud, right?

There are readers now where you can subscribe to all of the blogs you love to read and it compiles them all in one place...post by post...so you can read them all there everyday. When google reader first came out I read my blogs there faithfully...now, I don't have time to keep up. If you have a gmail account there will be a "reader" link at the top of the page when your email is open. You can go there and manually enter the website addresses of the blogs you would like to follow, or you can usually subscribe from the actual blog...which is what this blog does if you click on that reader button. I really have no idea about other readers. Google's was simple to access because I already had a gmail account.

I figured it out! Thank you so much! I started googling and checking out my google page and finally got it to work. :D

I am not sure how! :lol:

I got it even though I've never used a reader. I do have a yahoo email account so I did the following:

1. Log in to my yahoo email account on one tab

2. go to her site and click on the reader option

3. yahoo asked me if i wanted it on my home page

4. i said yes/continue

5. i saw her stuff on the home page of my yahoo.

6. clicked on the first item on her list (inside my yahoo)

7. It opened up!! :D

8. Saved it locally

9. Started printing. Yay!

Thanks for everyone's help!

It looks like there was also a problem with the link initially. I just rec'd another email stating it had been fixed.

For those of you who are still having trouble or don't have an RSS feed to her blog, here is the link:

A Jesus Advent Celebration Devotional

The study starts tomorrow:001_smile:

Keep in mind this is a BIG file. It may take a bit depending on your connection speed to download. I get a white page for about 20-30 seconds and then it pops up.

• 1 year later...