Menu

Please Help 7 weeks pregnant sick with a cold what can I take?

I have read so much conflicting information and have gotten conflicting stories from my doctor what is safe for me to take. Can I take Tylenol Cold, Sudafed, or any others. I am allergic to codeine and triamnic if that helps. Thanks Susan

IIRC you can take regular Tylenol for pain/fever, regular strength Sudafed for congestion, and I don't know for runny nose. :grouphug:

What are your symptoms and what do you need most relief from?

I do take homeopathics when pregnant. Oscillococcinum is a great one. I was told by my ND that you can take Elderberry syrup, as long as it's just Elderberry and not other herbs. That will help boost your immune system. Vitamin C is a good one too that will help your immune- and don't forget Vitamin D- very important!

If you're really congested, I'd boil a bot of water, remove from heat and add a couple drops of Eucalyptus oil or Tea Tree then hold your head over the pot, under a towel and... breathe. This has worked wonders for me.

Ugh. Being sick while pregnant stinks. :grouphug: I hope you're feeling better soon.

I'm 29 weeks pregnant and had an awful cold a few weeks ago that seemingly went away overnight when my dh went to a natural health store and brought me Easy Breathe Tea, a tea made with oregano and eucalyptus.. I could breathe right away and felt better. I drank it twice a day. Try your local health food store. Olba's also has an excellent eucalyptus oil that you can use in drops on tissues and put under your pillow so you can get a good night's sleep. Breath Strips also work well, but the tea will get rid of it and boost your immune system. Good luck!

Echinacea/goldenseal....a few drops of oil of oregano on a tablespoon of olive oil....I think that should be okay for pregnant women

I would NOT take oil of oregano during pregnancy. It can put you at risk for uterine contractions and since it is a blood thinner, can lead to miscarriage and other complications. It is not completely contraindicated during pregnancy but the risks are far worse than the benefits, IMO. Please consult your doctor or someone knowledgeable about oil of oregano before taking it while pregnant. My midwives *never* recommended it (until baby was born) and neither did my ND. I don't think it's worth the risk, although I do LOVE oil of oregano when I'm not pregnant- it's wonderful!

Goldenseal is also not recommended during pregnancy as it can lead to uterine contractions.