Menu

mp3 player for children

My dd9 has a Sansa Fuze and really enjoys it. She is able to choose the song she wants to listen to and it is displayed on the screen. It is very compact and is excellent for her. My ds13 has an Ipod Nano and ds16 has an Ipod Touch, both of which had features I really don't think dd9 needs, which is why we opted for the Fuze for her.

According to my kids and their friends, what usually spells the end of an mp3 player is when they are accidentally run through the washing machine, or dropped repeatedly on hard surfaces.

I would go with the Sansa Clip. They're relatively inexpensive and very easy to load with music or audiobooks. The thing most in their favor though, is that the kids *don't put them in their pockets*. When they make a habit of clipping the mp3 player to their shirt or waistband of their jeans, it's close to impossible to forget and leave it in your pocket. Completely avoids the washing machine disaster, and also helps kids avoid dropping their mp3 players. They're also not super-expensive if you end up needing to replace one.