Menu

Gifts: 0-5yo girl--What have been the hits at your house this year?

Tap

Around the holidays, lots of people are looking for gift ideas. I thought it may be nice to have a few 'gift giving hits' by age/gender.

Feel free to add any great ideas, suggestions, ideas to expand gifts or links that really made an impact at your house, and lasted past January :0) .

I would have broke the ages down into smaller chunks but didn't want inundate the board with 10 threads. I figured 6 was offensive enough. LOL

2 year old:

Fisher-Price My First Dollhouse set

Sidewalk chalk

Just about anything Dora

Baby dolls

Puzzles

books

4 year old:

Easy Bake Oven (technically for ages 8 and up)

Crayola Crayon Caddy

Crayola Crayon Maker (another 8 or up)

Puzzles

Anything Magic School Bus

They still think Zhu-Zhu hamsters are fun too.

The best gift my daughter got for her 3 yo Christmas was a box of about 15 matchbox cars. She doesn't necessariily play with them the same way a boy would, although she does do the driving along the roads thing, but she has them all named, and they get hurt, and have to be helped, and they have differerent personalities based on whether or not she thinks they look "mean" or not. Plays with them all the time.

Last year when my daughter was 4 we got a big set of Polly Pocket dolls and clothes from eBay. She played with them for hours, every single day for months. They lent themselves to all kinds of imaginative play. She briefly decided that she was too old for them, but now she's back to Polly Pockets all the time again. Best Christmas idea ever.

3 yo girl:

Thomas the Train (yes, for a girl)

Barbie is slowly coming into vogue

These flexible triangle things my mom gave us that connect to form all sorts of shapes

Books, books, and more books

Tinkertoys

Oversized "Legos"

Magnetic dress up dolls