Menu

Scholastic Book Club

yes, they are open to homeschoolers. All I did was get online and find their 1-800 number and called. They are very kind and helpful. Just so you know, when you get the different aged catalogs you will get an entire bunch...like 24 or something. I offered to collect orders for my other homeschooling friends and then placed our orders together....but you cetainly don't have to do that. They also don't charge shipping on their books...so I think it is a good deal. Also, if you aren't familiar with how the book clubs work, you will get points for the different books and then you can in turn use those to buy more books or they even have a catalog to buy other teacher stuff...but a lot of it is "expensive" or directed more for a classroom teacher...but not all of it. hth

yes, they are open to homeschoolers. All I did was get online and find their 1-800 number and called. They are very kind and helpful. Just so you know, when you get the different aged catalogs you will get an entire bunch...like 24 or something. I offered to collect orders for my other homeschooling friends and then placed our orders together....but you cetainly don't have to do that. They also don't charge shipping on their books...so I think it is a good deal. Also, if you aren't familiar with how the book clubs work, you will get points for the different books and then you can in turn use those to buy more books or they even have a catalog to buy other teacher stuff...but a lot of it is "expensive" or directed more for a classroom teacher...but not all of it. hth

:iagree: Everything she said :D To give you an idea of whether or not it's a good deal, yesterday I placed an order for a Christmas present for DD (a set of 8 books, I think in the Junie B. Jones 1st Grader series) spent a total of $24, got free shipping, I got to choose a book for my birthday, I got to cash in a certificate I got for another free book, and then that month's special was $10 in free books from the catalog for your first November order of $20 or more so I got a great step-by-step drawing book that was $10. Plus November was either triple or quadruple points. I didn't use the club last year, but the year before that I did on a regular basis and traded in my points at the end of the year for a big box of books. If your kids like books in series you can also add those onto your order.

:iagree: Everything she said :D To give you an idea of whether or not it's a good deal, yesterday I placed an order for a Christmas present for DD (a set of 8 books, I think in the Junie B. Jones 1st Grader series) spent a total of $24, got free shipping, I got to choose a book for my birthday, I got to cash in a certificate I got for another free book, and then that month's special was $10 in free books from the catalog for your first November order of $20 or more so I got a great step-by-step drawing book that was $10. Plus November was either triple or quadruple points. I didn't use the club last year, but the year before that I did on a regular basis and traded in my points at the end of the year for a big box of books. If your kids like books in series you can also add those onto your order.

yea I do this kind of thing all of the time. I think it's a pretty good deal. plus, if you don't like a book, you can return it..yes you pay shipping, but at least your not stuck with it.