Menu

I am having so much fun- are you?

I'm homeschooling my oldest for Kindergarten this year, and am having so much fun! It's amazing to watch her learn things and see her progress just in the last few months. She's reading really well, mastering the addition and subtraction facts within 10, interested in all kinds of stuff... We're getting along really well, and she seems to enjoy spending the time with me. I feel like we're on this terrific journey together.

Is this a Kindergarten thing, or do you feel like this about homeschooling your older kids, too?

I am so glad you posted this! I get all discouraged with everyone struggling all the time. It is nice to see people having fun!!! I am haivng a blast with my 3rd grader and K4. They are learning a lot and having fun. We have not had a bad day yet. If I see moods are off we switch up our plans or go out and play and then we get back to it.

I HOPE that it continues into the older years!

I've been having a lot of fun, but then again my daughter went to public school from K through most of 3rd grade and I didn't even pull her out of school and begin homeschooling her until toward the end of that third grade year.

So of course it was a novelty for quite a while, but even so, we do lots of fun outings and field trips, we read lots together, we play games and watch shows and have fun conversations, and the curriculum we used for 4th grade (and now for 5th) is pretty creative and hands on- so while I wouldn't go so far as to say EVERY single thing we do is fun, we do have fun with a lot of it, and for the most part, I really enjoy homeschooling.

My son who just turned 5 this month wasn't quite ready for K this year so we're just having another informal pre-k year, but I'm looking forward to giving K another try with him in the fall, too. K is so sweet. :)

I'm homeschooling my oldest for Kindergarten this year, and am having so much fun! It's amazing to watch her learn things and see her progress just in the last few months. She's reading really well, mastering the addition and subtraction facts within 10, interested in all kinds of stuff... We're getting along really well, and she seems to enjoy spending the time with me. I feel like we're on this terrific journey together.

Is this a Kindergarten thing, or do you feel like this about homeschooling your older kids, too?

I'm having fun with my young first grader! My 4th grader - meh. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. We have a blast on all our outings, and we do many. Math is particularly a hassle for him this year.

I have a 9th, 7th, 4th and pre-K this year.

9th - the material is VERY interesting. But, I'm SO busy with the other three that I don't have time to enjoy much of it with him! I'm LOVING discussing lit and history with him, but I'd much rather be helping him with math and science (my strong points!), but he doesn't need help.

7th - He's SUCH a perfectionist. Teaching him is fun and rewarding. But, heaven forbid he misses a problem. Life it hard then.

4th - I think we may be dealing with a LD. But, I'm loving the books we're reading. And, I'm finally seeing some improvement in his writing!

pre-K - FUN, FUN, FUN!!!!! Probably because we do what she wants, when she wants! I quit when she's done. She's reading (well!) and understands a lot of math concepts. She listens to her brother's science/history so she knows about the planets and she's memorized the Gettysburg Address!!!

I think it was fun when they were younger. It's hard now. The pressure is on as they get older and I take that to heart!!!!

I love to learn, so the opportunity to watch my children learn and progress at all ages is gratifying! The younger years involve less stress, though.....at least they were less stressful for me than the middle school years are.

Fun? No, probably not. I enjoy what we're learning, but I don't think I'm having fun. My boys love being homeschooled, and I love being with them, but I feel pulled and stretched in too many directions, and add to this some undxed health issues I've been having and I mostly just want to nap :D.

Boy, that sounds depressing, but it's really not. We are happy, and we do laugh and enjoy, but I just can't describe it as fun.

Fun? No, probably not. I enjoy what we're learning, but I don't think I'm having fun. My boys love being homeschooled, and I love being with them, but I feel pulled and stretched in too many directions, and add to this some undxed health issues I've been having and I mostly just want to nap :D.

Boy, that sounds depressing, but it's really not. We are happy, and we do laugh and enjoy, but I just can't describe it as fun.

Okay. She said it better than I did!!!!

Some of the things are fun. My oldest is in first grade....she's having trouble reading (diagnosed with auditory and visual processing disorders) and some aspects of school can be very frustrating for her. Plus, she's very stubborn (like me LOL) and it can be difficult to school her at times. But I love having her home with me, we do a good amount of fun things, and I wouldn't have it any other way.