Menu

For all you prayer warriors and marathon worriers, an UPDATE on my mom

Last week we found Mom a new oncologist. He's great. A little disheveled, but the only doctor I know who has music posters and albums as his decor. He was amazed to find out that Mom's oncologist had yet to return her phone calls or check on her since our trip to the emergency room (by then it had been ten days). He set Mom up to get some treatments of a chemical I cannot spell for bone health.

This Monday he had hoped to have Mom's records, but (shocking) they haven't been sent yet. He's sending someone down tomorrow to pick them up in person. It's a comfort to know that we aren't the only ones utterly shocked by Mom's former doctors.

Now, he doesn't have her records yet, but he had some really great wonderfully positive things to say:

• Mom going cancer free for three years is a very positive thing, he known patients to have reoccurances during chemo.
  • Aggresive cancer is more likely to respond to chemo.
  • He is not convinced that the lumps in her lungs are cancer (they were never biopsied).
  • He is not concerned that the cancer has moved into her blood (it's positive, because of his delivery.

None of this may amount to a hill of beans, but this new doctor is such a comfort. I want to thank you all again (and again and again) for the support and the prayers. I want you to know that God is moving over/around/for us :)

:grouphug:

Now, all of you go treat yourself to something wonderful, you deserve it!

Last week we found Mom a new oncologist. He's great. A little disheveled, but the only doctor I know who has music posters and albums as his decor. He was amazed to find out that Mom's oncologist had yet to return her phone calls or check on her since our trip to the emergency room (by then it had been ten days). He set Mom up to get some treatments of a chemical I cannot spell for bone health.

This Monday he had hoped to have Mom's records, but (shocking) they haven't been sent yet. He's sending someone down tomorrow to pick them up in person. It's a comfort to know that we aren't the only ones utterly shocked by Mom's former doctors.

Now, he doesn't have her records yet, but he had some really great wonderfully positive things to say:

• Mom going cancer free for three years is a very positive thing, he known patients to have reoccurances during chemo.

• Aggresive cancer is more likely to respond to chemo.

• He is not convinced that the lumps in her lungs are cancer (they were never biopsied).

• He is not concerned that the cancer has moved into her blood (it's positive, because of his delivery.

None of this may amount to a hill of beans, but this new doctor is such a comfort. I want to thank you all again (and again and again) for the support and the prayers. I want you to know that God is moving over/around/for us :)

:grouphug:

Now, all of you go treat yourself to something wonderful, you deserve it!

:grouphug: Life is hard, but God is good. :grouphug:

He sounds like a keeper of a doctor.

He's great :D He's not touchy feely (her really inept doctors have been) and he withholds judgement until he has concrete proof :blink:

It's a change for us all. He LISTENS to Mom, he ASSUMES that she is telling the TRUTH about her pain. It's incredible :)

I'm so happy it's silly :grouphug: