Menu

Puppy Names-- Please Vote!

Please help us name our new puppy!  

1. 1. Please help us name our new puppy!

• Seelowen Kindred Spirit, call name "Ranger"
    • Seelowen Kansas Sky, call name "Ranger"
    • Seelowen Kindred Spirit, call name "Andy"
    • Seelowen Kansas Sky, call name "Andy"
    • Seelowen Kanadian Eh call name "Andy"
    • Spot
    • Rover
    • Other.....please specify!

I realize this is not of earth-shattering importance, but we are finding it impossible to decide on a name!

If you're so inclined, please vote for your favorite registered name and call name.

If you've got any other ideas, now's the time to speak up! :-)

Thanks TONS,

Astrid and family, which includes

Ch. Seelowen Danika, CD, CGC, TDI

Edited by astrid

The "Kanadian eh" amuses me, but there's the misspelling thing; is there a reason you have to use a "K" initial?

Personally, I love pop culture references as names; our Cardigan Corgi is Aldergate Short Skirt Long Jacket, call name Sasha. (Trust me, this is funny if you know what a Corgi looks like.) Do either of you have a favorite song or book?

If you're planning a show career, maybe Kansas Sky or another semi-serious name would be better?

My DH just suggested something based on "Klondike," since he'll be so big and furry.

Yes, this is a "K" litter and the registered name must begin with a "K." Bear in mind, intentional misspellings make me want to gouge my eyeballs out, so there's that.

LOVE your Cardi's name. We have a Pemmie (Pembroke Welsh Corgi) and so I TOTALLY CRACKED up when I saw that name!

My dad's family is from Kansas and we spent every summer there on my grandparents' farm as kids. The breeder lives in Canada, so the pup is coming from BC, hence the "Canadian" reference. Another option was Seelowen Kurling Stone because my husband is a big curler, but again, the intentional misspelling.

Drawing a blank-----

astrid

Edited by astrid

Of the ones listed, I voted:

Kansas Sky - Ranger

But if I'm going to associate Ranger with a state, it would be Texas. I know Texas doesn't begin with K. I just associate the Rangers with Texas so it seems funny for Ranger to be paired with Kansas.

My FIL raises and trains border collies. Dh and I went round and round on baby names. I tended to favor one syllable names, and his response was always, "That's a dog's name."

Best of luck finding one you like.

Edited by Meriwether

LOL! BC's always have one-syllable names! :-)

"Ranger" is just a call name we like-- nothing to do with Kansas or Texas. It started with "Seelowen Kemo Sabe" call name "Ranger" but the breeder associates it with "chemo" so it's a no-go. But we still like the Ranger part.

Here's another twist-- the breeder's dh hand-builds inlaid wood sea kayaks. Think of anything with Kayak? We're not kayakers, so we don't know the "lingo."

Just a thought...

astrid

Ah, it's your breeder's policy. The 500,000 names that come up when you google "K dog names" weren't helpful?

Kansas Sky is very sweet, though perhaps not as distinctive. That K initial is tough. Is the breeder doing the registration? Perhaps you can put it off for a couple of weeks.

I realize this is not of earth-shattering importance, but we are finding it impossible to decide on a name!

If you're so inclined, please vote for your favorite registered name and call name.

If you've got any other ideas, now's the time to speak up! :-)

Thanks TONS,

Astrid and family, which includes

Ch. Seelowen Danika, CD, CGC, TDI

Of course, I voted for Kanadian Eh, but I'd really, really, really, really, really prefer you spell it Canadian.

ETA: Just read the part about it having to start with a K. May I suggest King's ________ (something) -- a nod to PM William Mackenzie King? King's Ransom, King's Spirit, King's Charger, King's Dandy (those are a few we bandied about the living room just now).

Edited by Audrey

I didn't vote. I like Ranger but neither of the names grabbed me. Can the call name and registered name be kind of the same?

I got this off wikipedia:

Knowlton's Rangers were the United States of America's first organized espionage organization, as well as the first American Ranger unit formed after America declared its independence from the United Kingdom.[1] Named after their commander, Thomas Knowlton, they were formed in 1776.

So I was thinking Knowlton's Rangers ---> Ranger.

Cinder

I guess I should have voted "other."