Menu

Update and prayer requests

Just wanted to touch base with ya'll to give you an update:

The radiation is going well. I have FIVE days left. I don't have to have the left scapula radiated or the humerus at this point because there is no pain. I am having some irritation in my esophagus area. I've had a stomach bug of some kind this week so I have not felt as well as I did last week. I felt so good last week I almost felt "normal" again. :-)

I am finally re-scheduled to get the port in tomorrow morning at 6:30ish. I am very anxious about having this "foreign object" in my body and dreading this whole thing so please pray for me. I had to have blood taken last week with a butterfly needle and it felt like a razor blade so I know the port is the answer, but I still don't like it.

I am scheduled to have chemo this coming Monday at 2:00. I don't know if they'll be able to use the port that soon or not so prayer for BIG, FAT veins to appear would be great. This is the last of four chemos, but I know I'll have to have some kind of maintenance chemo along the way.

I will be going to Duke on November 18 to talk to the surgeon about what to do about my right arm. Please pray that it is healing properly and I won't need surgery.

Thank you again for your faithfulness to pray for us through this time! We would not be where we are today if it were not for His grace. I'm thankful He said He would never leave us nor forsake us and that He said His grace would be sufficient.

Enjoy this beautiful fall season and love on your families!

Blessings,

Molly

UPDATE: Port insertion went fine. Dr. says it can be used Mon. for chemo. Hope the chemo staff agrees. Thanks for praying! I was cool as a cucumber! :-)

Edited by MJN