Menu

Do you ever do this?

I hate it when I put something in a particular place so I won't forget where I put it....then I forget where I put it.

:lol: Just last week I found a Christmas present I'd hidden last December. That was a great hiding spot! Unfortunately, when December rolls around, I probably won't be able to remember it.

:lol: Just last week I found a Christmas present I'd hidden last December. That was a great hiding spot! Unfortunately, when December rolls around, I probably won't be able to remember it.

I wonder if the person for whom it was intended knows where it is. My kids find things that have gone missing for months.

For me, it is a daily occurrence. Yesterday I put something in a drawer and told myself not to forget where I stashed it, because it is Important. Today, I don't know which drawer in this house I put the item in. Worse, I don't remember what the item is.

I remember that it is Important, though, and pretty soon a thought will pop into my head and I'll know what I'm talking (and thinking) about.

Yes. A piece recently broke off of the inside of the dishwasher. I put it away in a very safe place so it could be reattached at a later date when I had time to mess with it. Then I forgot and couldn't find it. Several days later I did find it while looking for something else.:confused:

YES! YES! and YES!. i do it all of the time. i am the queen of hiding stuff so that my home doesn't feel cluttered . i hate things on my counter tops or tables. i'm constantly shoving things in drawers, closets, under beds, etc. and then i'll forget what i did with it. you'd think i'd have learned by now....but nope. still doing it daily.

I participated in a study about this. The "cure" is mindfulness. You think "I am putting the notebook in my desk drawer" as you do it. To fix the go back and check to make sure you locked the door, you think "now I'm putting in my key, now I'm turning the lock".

Mindfulness, huh? :001_huh: (That's the "huh" smilie.) I feel so blank right now. Spacey almost. EARTH TO KARYN!!! Ummm..... okay, so if I need to be actively mindful... that means that I am presently absentminded. That is true. I lose things because I absentmindedly just shove it away out of sight and POOF! it's out of mind. Mindfulness. Hmm... it's worth thinking about. :D

I think that will be my new motto.

If I can remember it. :lol:

I remember how I use to hide the candy making items downstairs in the basement a month or so before Christmas. Well this particular year they found it and so I hid it again only to find that I couldnt remember where! Then our house fire hit. The basement was a real smoker....not fire. When we brought everything up, we found it alright and the kids said ah ha mama! That is where you put it and I had to explain to the fire and restoration people what they were talking about.

By the way, I always forget where I put stuff!

Cyndi