Menu

Inappropriate remark #2 - OH NO! You've got 2 kids in your car!

We must be bringing out the weirdness in 'professionals' today. The boys & I ran through a fast food restaurant because we were running so late, and the drive through person looked in my car and yelled, OH NO! I looked back panicking slightly wondering what mischief the boys might have gotten into, and then asked her what was wrong.

You've got 2 kids in your car. Girl, I work to get away from my kids, how can you do it?! I looked at her, rather pridefully, and said, Oh, I love my boys and learning with them, that's why I'm home ALL DAY LONG with them and we homeschool. She just stood there with her mouth open and shook her head and threw me my food. If we weren't already late for a date with my grandmother's optician, I would've marched right into the store to speak with a manager.

Seriously..what's with people?

I agree, what's the point in having them if you just want to get away from them? Especially if you're getting away from them by working fast food? Now, I like time away from mine, too, I'm no saint! Especially today, with one recovering from a stomach virus and, I hope, NOT coming down with hand, mouth, & foot, and another one with a fresh case of hand, mouth, foot.

I don't know why I'm still surprised at the things strangers will say. I had a lady in the vet's waiting room commenting with amazement that I have 4 kids. Then she asked me if I like it. My kids were right there- did she think I would say no, I can't stand having 4 kids, which one should I give away?

I don't know why I'm still surprised at the things strangers will say. I had a lady in the vet's waiting room commenting with amazement that I have 4 kids. Then she asked me if I like it. My kids were right there- did she think I would say no, I can't stand having 4 kids, which one should I give away?

:lol::lol:

The remark was inappropriate, but I don't see why you would want to talk with a manager about it. Why would you want to get someone in trouble like that? You've already given the drive-through lady something to think about when you mentioned homeschooling. Isn't that enough?

:iagree:

She was ignorant and I don't think telling on her would have made a difference.

Edited by saja1029
mis-read!

The remark was inappropriate, but I don't see why you would want to talk with a manager about it. Why would you want to get someone in trouble like that? You've already given the drive-through lady something to think about when you mentioned homeschooling. Isn't that enough?

Throwing food at me was completely inappropriate..on top of making my children feel like crap from her attitude. Doesn't matter if I was coming home from the doctor or homeschooling, she had no business saying those things in the manner in which she did, and then throwing my food at me.