Menu

My son recently got into 'Christian rap'.

Toby Mac is sort of ok IMO, but I'm more of a Casting Crowns girl myself. :)

As far as Christian music goes, I mostly listen to Skillet (Christian metal/rock), Thousand Foot Krutch (Christian rock/maybe nu metal?), Lecrae, Trip Lee, Tedashii, Sho Baraka, Da TRUTH, Cross Movement, Tobymac, PRO, and Flame (Christian rap).

As far as the gigantic amount of Christian rap in that list, you can blame my Wikipedia-ing (as well as visiting Reach Record's website).

I'm probably wasting my time, but it's interesting!

As far as Christian music goes, I mostly listen to Skillet (Christian metal/rock), Thousand Foot Krutch (Christian rock/maybe nu metal?), Lecrae, Trip Lee, Tedashii, Sho Baraka, Da TRUTH, Cross Movement, Tobymac, PRO, and Flame (Christian rap).

[/i]!

Theses are groups played here at our house too where we have two teenage boys listening all the time.

We saw Tedashii at a concert. He was excellent. It kind of changed my view of the whole rap thing (although I agree that many are a waste of time).

As far as the gigantic amount of Christian rap in that list, you can blame my Wikipedia-ing (as well as visiting Reach Record's website).

I'm probably wasting my time, but it's interesting!

Ummmm...can we hang out?!:D

Dating myself here, but Jesus Freak came out originally when I was in High School, so, I happen to know all of the words. Michael Tate recently put out a version and it cracks up ds when I do the rap. He didn't know all of the words but "old mom" did.:lol:

I love it LOL! I was a teen when Jesus Freak came out and I was a HUGE DC Talk fan. I still know that rap! And I don't even like rap LOL!

You want to talk about dating yourself? I was a youth pastor's wife with our high school students at an outdoor festival in MN when DC Talk first decided to perform Jesus Freak live. They were also selling a demo single of that song at that festival and we still have it--months before the actual cd was released. I LOVE that song and know every word to it as well. So good.

By the way--does anyone here like Flyleaf? They are so great!

aaaah my sisters!!

We love Toby Mac here. And add me to the list of knowing Jesus Freak by heart. That was great when my kids first heard it and I already knew all the lyrics *snort*

I've honestly not listened to much of the other rap out there, just a few bits here and there. But I *am* at least familiar with many of the names mentioned earlier.

Oh and yeah, Skillet. But my love is with Switchfoot. *swoon* I LOVE their stuff.

Ok, now, off to have a listen to these other rap artists :D Thanks!!

You want to talk about dating yourself? I was a youth pastor's wife with our high school students at an outdoor festival in MN when DC Talk first decided to perform Jesus Freak live. They were also selling a demo single of that song at that festival and we still have it--months before the actual cd was released. I LOVE that song and know every word to it as well. So good.

By the way--does anyone here like Flyleaf? They are so great!

Huge Flyleaf fan here!!!! and DC talk was was the first concert I ever went too :D!!!

The only Christian rap I really like is GRITS.

I'm more of a Skillet/Switchfoot kind of girl. :) We met Jon Cooper at Rock the Universe a couple of years ago. He's a really nice guy.

We're also good friends with Noah and Rob of 'Pillar' (hard rock). So whenever they're playing in our neck of the woods, we hook up with them and hang out. I've even worked their merch table at Rock the Universe one year when their regular guy couldn't make it. It was cool to hang out with them because we got to meet a couple guys from Relient K, and got the "VIP" treatment just because we were with them. :) They're really good guys. And Rob's wife, Linda, is a sweetheart.

In Willmar???