Menu

Afternoon Coffee Break! (or tea or soda or...)

Hello, all!

I wasn't here at lunchtime to post a new Teachers Lounge thread so today we're having Afternoon Coffee Break! :)

What's the most interesting, fun, or exciting thing that's happened to you today?

What kind of snack are you having (or did you have) this afternoon?

Anyone to whom you want to give a shout out (kudos, compliments, praise, etc.)?

:bigear:

Nothing exciting today. It's quiet and my work is caught up.

I won't be snacking this afternoon, but I am having a cup of coffee with a dash of hazelnut creamer. Hazelnut is my favorite so kudos go to my husband for bringing home a box of those little single servings.

Oh, I could definitely use this today!

The most interesting thing that has happened is that our local gas/light/water company has spent the day digging up our street looking for a gas leak. :001_huh:

The kids had apples for a snack and I snuck a Snickers while they were in their room. :D

I would like to give kudos to my husband who got up early to take his truck in to the shop for something that should have taken 30 minutes, but which took an hour and a half and then he had a full day of work ahead of him only to come home an hour from now so I can leave the house for shopping and a rehearsal (it's my night out). If he pulls all that off and is still smiling when I come home, he'll deserve more than kudos. ;)

Well... for my coffee break I'm having a tall glass of iced coffee with stevia and 1/2&1/2. It's wonderful.

The most interesting thing that happened today is when the appraiser came by because we're refinancing our house (15 yr. at 3.875%) and he discovered one of our many wasps nest, got stung and then bloodied up his finger trying to get away. I gave him a band-aid and my most profuse apoligies.

I gave kudos to my 7 year old son for learning to play "Mary Had a LIttle Lamb" on the recorder.

Sitting here drinking my coffee as I type:). Today I was able to spend the entire day with my youngest dd(3).....alone!!!! Oldest dd was off with grandma and ds was at tutorial. Took her to gymnastics, to paint some pottery, had a picnic lunch, and squeezed in a Home Depot trip. Now all three are home and playing with our neighbors! Such a nice day!

Hello, all!

I wasn't here at lunchtime to post a new Teachers Lounge thread so today we're having Afternoon Coffee Break! :)

What's the most interesting, fun, or exciting thing that's happened to you today?

:bigear:

I saw a huge group of squid on my swim today. Normally it is just tropical fish a ray or baracuda but I don't regularly see squid. We've got a tropical storm (karl) offshore so that could be another reason. Oh and the best thing is yet ANOTHER sharkless day! :)

Um, I'm going to have to change my answer. My girls just came to get me to run to the beach for a nest hatching (turtles). Pretty cool.

tortugas 001-1

Edited by jamnkats