Menu

Really random Taco Bell ?

Wait! I've seen that...I just thought it looked chunky, and I wanted the exact same stuff as in the packets!!! Now, I have to take a closer look :D

Thanks!

I've bought the jar stuff and while I think it's fine, ds's say it's not the same as the packets. They think it's thicker and ds1 says the taste is not quite the same.

Our solution? About once a month after Awana, dh goes through the TB drive-thru for tacos. He asks for some of each kind of sauce and usually ends up with a handful of each. Of course, we save them. They give so much I've had to tell dh the last couple of times No Sauce! So that's how we get our sauce for taco night at home. :tongue_smilie:

Cinder

Here are the ingredients according to Taco Bell:

"Border Sauce - Mild

Water, Tomato Paste, Vinegar, Spices, Salt, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate and Sodium Benzoate as preservatives, Potassium Chloride, Yeast Extract, Soy Lecithin, Natural Flavors. CONTAINS: SOYBEANS."

You could compare these ingredients with the ones found in the Wal-mart product to see if they match.

I think I'll pass on this stuff, since "Yeast Extract" equals "MSG" equals headache for me. :tongue_smilie:

When my brother was deployed the one thing he requested in care packages was Taco Bell hot sauce. We went to eat there and were just going to grab a few extra packs. We were explaining to the manager what we were doing and he brought us out a whole case of hot sauce. So, if you don't mind little packets - just go ask.