Menu

Long shot, I know. But any ideas on how I can make a Christopher Robin doll?

So, Moose and Zee are BIGTIME into Winnie the Pooh. We had a major score this weekend at a thrift store; we found Tigger, Owl, Kanga/Roo, and Rabbit for 50 cents each. Woo Hoo! And they already had Pooh and Piglet.

So we need Christoper Robin, Eeyore, and Gopher to finish the set. I know Kohls has Eeyore for $5 right now. But Goper and Christoper Robin are turning out to be quite rare.

I was thinking that I could make a Christoper Robin, if I could just find a kinda generic looking, Caucasian boy doll with brown hair. Making him a yellow shirt and blue shorts would be fairly easy. But I've never bought a boy doll before, and I don't really know where to look. I haven't bought a PERSON doll in ages, since dsd was little. And even then, I think the only boy doll we had was Ken, LOL. I need a plush doll, about 12 inches tall or so. There's just no way I can bring myself to buy a REAL Christopher Robin Doll off of Ebay; they're all at least $25.

And while we're at it, if anyone has any tips on Gopher, I'm all ears. That's gonna be the REALLY hard one, I think. Moose's birthday is in November, so if I can't find anything by then, I might break down and buy one off of Ebay. He's not as expensive as Christopher Robin, but still more than I'd like to spend on ONE stuffed animal.

You ladies are so creative, I thought maybe the Hive could help me out. TIA!

So, Moose and Zee are BIGTIME into Winnie the Pooh. We had a major score this weekend at a thrift store; we found Tigger, Owl, Kanga/Roo, and Rabbit for 50 cents each. Woo Hoo! And they already had Pooh and Piglet.

So we need Christoper Robin, Eeyore, and Gopher to finish the set. I know Kohls has Eeyore for $5 right now. But Goper and Christoper Robin are turning out to be quite rare.

!

No gophers in the British countryside.

I wouldn't worry about a Christopher Robin doll. After all, it's about a real boy and his stuffed toys - your children can be the 'Christopher Robins' in their interaction with the other characters.

Laura

The narrator says this in the original movie; it's one of my favorite lines from the movie.

You could pass off not having Gopher as a sign of your respect for A.A. Milne's literary vision, or for classic literature over Disney.

Terri

Yes, we have that movie, and that line always makes me smile. :)

The boys don't care if Gopher's not in the book, nor do they care that Christopher Robin isn't a stuffed animal, but a real boy. They want a stuffed animal of each. :D

You can call Disney Parks merchandising directly and ask for the Winnie the Pooh Ride gift store. If anyone has them, they do. If my kids wanted them that badly, I might pony up the $20.00 :-). The number is 407-363-6200.

Or, you could just use a Gopher Beanie Baby or Webkinz, and this doll of certainly looks like a girl with a bad haircut, LOL.

http://www.dollmarket.com/prodimg/MX50565.jpg

Edited by 3littlekeets