Menu

Need baby gift ideas!!

BMW

I have some very lovely, new flannel material for a baby girl... one is pink with flowers (a medium print) and the other is pink with little rosebuds...

The only thing that comes to mind is to make it a double sided blanket... my granddaughter should be born mid-Dec. I have plain solid pink binding (thick bias tape). Do you have any other ideas that would make this more special? Baby's parents are double income and get whatever they want with their money, so I am going for "special" that isn't related to the money part...

And my grandson is due to arrive end of January and I have blue gingham flannel and another baby boy flannel...

Any other ideas???

Oooh I loved nice big blankets for my babies! My MIL made me several out of soft, light flannel that were at least 4' x 4', maybe bigger. Great for swaddling and for covering up when nursing. Best blankets I had, by far. They aren't fancy, just soft and so practical.

Books are always a nice gift that will last far beyond a few months or even a year. Our DD was given the Beatrix Potter boxed set - the small ones so good for little hands as a baby gift and she loves them!

Edited by ScoutTN

I am a new Grandma........for the 5th time.

:)

I make large double sided flannel blankets for the grands and their mommies love them. To make them extra special this time around, I crocheted around the edge. You can make matching or not matching burb cloths using the same method.

I serge the edges together and then using a flange needle, sew around the edge to punch the hole and then start crocheting!

I also make hooded bath towels out of a large bath towel and a wash cloth. You can embellish them with ribbons.

Taggy's made from fleece and ribbons are fun too.

I loved the big flannel blankets that were half again as wide as the receiving blankets. The big size and lightweight made them ideal for long term use. My mom didn't make mine double thickness though. Instead she made me 2 and each one had 2 inch wide lace all around to make it fancier.

I also liked the matching flannel burp cloths.

I also make hooded bath towels out of a large bath towel and a wash cloth. You can embellish them with ribbons.

Someone gave us one of these when ds1 was born. Loved it! So much better than "baby" towels--thicker, more absorbent, larger to wrap baby in.

Cinder