Menu

My anniversary today but with no dh

I am kinda bummed today. This is the second year in a row that my dh and I are spending our anniversary apart. He lives and works in another state during the week. We haven't sold our home here which is why we aren't where he is yet.

Last week was my birthday and now this week is our anniversary. It's just hard.

Awwww, I'm sorry. :grouphug: Happy Anniversary to you anyway! Maybe you can celebrate this weekend. How many years?

Dh and I have been married for 15 years and have spent 6 of our anniversaries together (including 1 before he went into the Army). The Army always seems to want to send him away in March, which has our anniversary and my birthday. Boo! To date we've been together for 1,3,5,6,9 and 15. Grumble, grumble, stupid Army. :D

:grouphug: I'm sorry! That is no fun at all.

My birthday was last week. My girls were with my inlaws (which made me rather uncomfortable anyway) and my dh had to work. I had a very difficult time with that. At least we were able to go out that night, though.

Can you plan something really special and fun for the weekend? I know it's not the same, but you should celebrate your anniversary, even if it's not on "the day!"

Awwww, I'm sorry. :grouphug: Happy Anniversary to you anyway! Maybe you can celebrate this weekend. How many years?

Dh and I have been married for 15 years and have spent 6 of our anniversaries together (including 1 before he went into the Army). The Army always seems to want to send him away in March, which has our anniversary and my birthday. Boo! To date we've been together for 1,3,5,6,9 and 15. Grumble, grumble, stupid Army. :D

It's our 22nd anniversary. This isn't the first one spent apart. I am hoping to do something this weekend but we are low on cash so probably won't be able to.

It's our 22nd anniversary. This isn't the first one spent apart. I am hoping to do something this weekend but we are low on cash so probably won't be able to.

Congratulations on your anniversary and :grouphug: that you are not able to spend it together. Do you have close friends or family that could take the children this weekend so you could spend some time together? Even with little money you could do some inexpensive things (picnic, dollar movie, long walk) the important part is spending the time together with no interruptions :001_smile:

Diane

Well, phooey, I'm sorry you can't be together to celebrate. Congratulations, anyhow!

I will tell you my funny story from earlier this week. DH and I hardly ever go out together since we are on a tight budget, but every once in a while we'll go out someplace inexpensive to eat. Anyway, I talked him in to taking me out to eat on Tuesday, and we're sitting there enjoying a nice dinner and talking, when all of a sudden he says, "What day is this? Is this Tuesday?" I'm like, yeah, it's Tuesday, so what? Turns out his music director had moved practice to Tuesday night this week and DH had forgotten all about it - so we had to run off so he could try to make it. Thankfully, I had just about finished eating, LOL. I'm glad he didn't remember a half-hour sooner, I wouldn't have had time to eat my dinner! So much for a nice relaxing evening out :tongue_smilie:

:grouphug: Happy Anniversary to you. Hope your time with hubby when he gets home is sweet and you can do something special.

eta. And you don't need money!! We don't have that here either. I like looking for romantic ideas online and doing something special at home when the kids are in bed. :) A walk somewhere can be nice. How about a cup of coffe together at a nice coffee shop couple with some dessert? Just some thoughts...

Edited by mommyjen

I'm so sorry you're alone for your anniversary. I, too, have spent a number of anniversaries alone. Dh travels a lot for work. Our anniversary comes at a time when people are just heading back to work--Jan 3. So he's often gone.

As to a "cheap date," one time we went to a new Japanese restaurant near us for lunch--way cheaper than the dinner--and then we went to an RV rental place to check those out. We were planning an RV vacation for that summer and wanted to see what they were really like. It was cheap but still fun, and we got to be just the two of us.

Hope you're able to do something fun together to celebrate!

Cinder

ETA: If you have a nice park nearby, a walk in the park and a picnic lunch would be fun, too!