Menu

I Remember Now Why I Don't Have Yard Sales

For seven hours today I peddled my stuff. In that seven hours I had people ask why I didn't have any adult clothing. I pointed out to them the sections of men's and ladies clothing. They still weren't happy. Some people complained I didn't have enough big kid stuff. Several people complained because there is stray cat in my yard that they think I should take in. Stray cat has mangy coat with fur missing on side. None of them seemed too willing to take it home, yet acted like I am a big meanie for not wanting it. All that, and I made $48.00. Never.again.will.I.ever.have.a.yard.sale!!

Hehe...I have people ask if my chickens are for sale, how long I have lived in my house, who built it, if my husband's great-grandmother's apple press is for sale, if they can fish in our creek, if they can look for arrow heads in our fields, and on and on. I absolutely refuse to have any more yard sales!

Wow it sounds like you live in a really nice place!

Hehe...I have people ask if my chickens are for sale, how long I have lived in my house, who built it, if my husband's great-grandmother's apple press is for sale, if they can fish in our creek, if they can look for arrow heads in our fields, and on and on. I absolutely refuse to have any more yard sales!

And don't forget the complete strangers that will ask if they can go into your house and try on clothes or use your bathroom. :glare:

Wow. I mean, really... wow! I can't believe anyone would complain about anything. Doesn't everyone understand that a garage sale will be "hit or miss." It's not like you are obligated to offer them everything a store would. It's all the stuff YOU don't want anymore, obviously. :001_huh: Wow! We actually had a yard sale today and it went really well. (I blogged about it at the address below). Everyone was so friendly... Sorry you had a bad day. :confused: Don't give up on yard sales, though. They can be worth it. If for nothing else... than to get rid of all your junk, right? I just keep my prices really, really, really low so people actually take the stuff away from me and so I won't have to carry it all back inside or to Goodwill later. Better luck next time... if you have a next time, right?! ;)

I had a lady take her shoe off and pound it on the table because I wouldn't sell her a $50 pair of shoes in excellent condition for 25 cents. She claimed she paid a quarter for the shoes she was pounding on the table, so I should sell this pair for the same price.