Menu

Are you able to get yourself *out* of a bad mood?

Take a shower and think of relaxing things while in there. Take the kids to my mom's for a bit. Even if I can't leave, just going there relaxes me and gives them something else to focus on (plus more room for running). Take the kids to the zoo or some place like that where they can focus on something besides me. Usually, once the feedback from the kids stops, I can recenter myself. But if I stay home with them, we just keep feeding off each other's bad moods and it gets ugly.

Yes! I get in a bad mood and lose my patience very easily. I go into a quiet place like my closet or bathroom and pray for patience, forgiveness, help, etc. I also force myself to smile; fake it until I feel it kind of thing. Go outside. Sing a song.

Does anyone have any good suggestions?

this is me right now => :cursing:

I start singing:

when I need a NOW fix. A little time alone to read a favourite book helps. If I am fuming, I crawl into bed and think of happy memories of my childhood, including my angelically even-tempered dad. Luckily, a have few bad moods anymore. YeeHaw middle age!

I haven't anyone near me to trust with our children so when times get really squirrely around here...which has been alot lately with the 17m tearing up the house non-stop...I send the oldest outside to play and then sitting down and playing with the baby while listening to music or something else calming...I will someetimes call my friend to vent but rarely do I feel that does any good so seldom do it.