Menu

Help me understand a library pocket

guateangel

Yes - all of the above! Library pockets can be so versatile.

I know many people use these for lapbooking but, my favorite use is when using a program in which you use a timeline (Sonlight, WP, your own, etc). What we do is use a large plastic page divider with a built in pocket (in a binder). We tape the library pocket onto the outside page divider and place the divider before the week or unit.. Inside the library pocket we place the cut out time line figures for the week/unit inside. This works well for the younger kids so they can always find what they need.

I think the library pocket is a good idea if you check out a lot of books each week for your curriculum. We don't so I went with a calendar that has dates on the bottom and checklists on top. So I have my booklist, 4-H list, field trip list and supplies list on top. I stick the calendar in the first hanging file folder for that month.

Lots of great ideas out there. You just have to figure out what is going to work best for you.:001_smile:

Guest ME-Mommy

I just saw something at Dollar Tree that looked like a colorful library pocket...they were cool but I wasn't sure what I would use them for so I put them back.

The package of around 15 pockets was a dollar!!

Now I'm wishing I had bought them...I guess I shouldn't reading the filing thread, huh?? :tongue_smilie:

I just saw something at Dollar Tree that looked like a colorful library pocket...they were cool but I wasn't sure what I would use them for so I put them back.

Now I'm wishing I had bought them...I guess I shouldn't reading the filing thread, huh?? :tongue_smilie:

They might still have them--my Dollar Tree had quite a few left. In faaaaact....! I think I might head back there today and buy some more!

I'm using mine for many of the things listed above, and pretty much to trigger me to do anything I can't file.

Guest ME-Mommy

I went to a different Dollar Tree and found the colorful library pockets -- 25 for $1.00!!

I also found a few folder games, some mechanical pencils, some pens, 2 black wire mesh pencil cups, and a black wire mesh letter basket. :) :)

I went to a different Dollar Tree and found the colorful library pockets -- 25 for $1.00!!

I also found a few folder games, some mechanical pencils, some pens, 2 black wire mesh pencil cups, and a black wire mesh letter basket. :) :)

:lol: I just came back from there too, with more pockets, paper clips, and more index cards (oh, and Pixy Sticks too :tongue_smilie:).

Other than the dollar store, where can I find these library pockets? I think I need to buy some. Although, I'm not sure what I NEED them for quite yet!;)

Amazon sells the basic ones, so if you happen to be ordering from there or have Prime, you could add those on:

http://www.amazon.com/Library-Card-Pockets-Ideal/dp/1564516458/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1281220159&sr=8-2

If you google "library pocket template" you will find all sorts of free templates for making your own. Or you can buy a plastic template for a few bucks at a scrapbook store. Just in case you want to color code! You can also adjust the size if you have a copy machine.

I use the library pockets in our weekly file folders for our memorizations. Each week the kids have a different poem and after they learn it we put it in the memory file box ala CM http://simplycharlottemason.com/timesavers/memorysys/

I also have them in my master monthly file and I put books or materials I need on index cards so I can pull them out and get stuff together.

In reality though I didn't actually need them and if I hadn't gotten them for $1 I probably wouldn't have used them. We don't do lapbooking.