Menu

Do you ever just feel like packing the kids into the mini-van and

I've got many trips I'd like to take with the kids. We flew out to CA last winter for 10 days and it was so incredible that I'm ready to go anywhere, anytime. Money is the only obstacle.

We live on the interstate and every time we get on it to go to nearby towns, I just want to keep on going! Especially when we see license plates from all over the country.

We actually just got back from a road trip last weekend. We drove from NC to Denver and back covering 7 states. We took 3 days to get out there, stayed for 5, and took 3 days to get back. We stopped in Kentucky, Missouri, Kansas, and Tennessee to do various things. It was a wonderful time, and we definitely plan on driving west again. This time we'll do WY & MT. I'm dying to get to Yellowstone, the Grand Tetons, and Glacier.

in theory yes, maybe when the kids are older.....or just me and my sister:D. right now they are 5 1/2, 4, and 22 months and dh can't get off work. so as long as i can hold it...that is as far as we'll go.

but this has me dreaming....

YOU can do it without your DH. Really. And with young dc. Really. Again, it's America - there's a CVS on every corner, AAA will come to the rescue, and Starbucks will keep you awake along the way. Just do it!

:lol: but :iagree:

Before we went on our big trip I added up the cost of renting an RV (or buying and selling one), gas, camp sites with hook-ups and food and compared it to driving our mini-van, and staying in a hotel with free breakfast. It was far more economical for us to do the latter.

Well, maybe not cross-country, but every time I come home from a shopping trip in Fresno, I have to get off the 41 onto the 99 to get home. But... if I stayed on the 41 for a couple hours I'd end up at the coast and there are many times (with and without the kids) I've wanted to just keep going straight, get a hotel room for the night and sleep with the windows open and the sounds of waves crashing against the shore.

Well, maybe not cross-country, but every time I come home from a shopping trip in Fresno, I have to get off the 41 onto the 99 to get home. But... if I stayed on the 41 for a couple hours I'd end up at the coast and there are many times (with and without the kids) I've wanted to just keep going straight, get a hotel room for the night and sleep with the windows open and the sounds of waves crashing against the shore.

Then, DO IT! :)

:lol: but :iagree:

Before we went on our big trip I added up the cost of renting an RV (or buying and selling one), gas, camp sites with hook-ups and food and compared it to driving our mini-van, and staying in a hotel with free breakfast. It was far more economical for us to do the latter.

This. I agree. Less work, too.

The only loss I feel is no campfire.

Went with 5, 4 & 2 yr old DD, DW and my Mom in Dodge Caravan minivan.

Drove from OH to Central Michigan for family visit, Great Dunes National Park on East Side of Lake Michigan, Chicago for 3 days of business for me, City Zoo, Museum and Navy Pier for them. Then off to Amana, Iowa, SAC museum in Nebraska, Oregon Trail markers, Rocky Mtn National Park, Badlands Nat. Park, Mt Rushmore (on the 4th of July, no less...1 yr after 9/11/01...wow!), Custer State Park, Devil's Tower, back across Southern Minnesota, (Laura Ingalls landmark), then N. Indiana, then to home!

WHAT A RIDE! 2 yr old was awesome and funny! We had a ball!!!!!!

Do it, if you ever get the chance!!!!