Menu

Not sure where else to post this - question on board policy

Guest beachPatty

I love new posters who post and introduce themselves. I love hearing about their kids and how long they've been homeschooling and what they are using. I love hearing about their pets or lifestyle. Posts simply to get the required 50 posts? Not my cuppa tea.

Yeah, not a fan of posts that just agree with the previous post (like for example, this one).

beachPatty, where are you? Come back and post!! :001_smile: It's like eating potato chips - you can't stop at just one.

Isn't that the truth? I joined to sell and now look at me...yakking away and all my stuff is STILL in the closet! LOL! I haven't even LISTED anything yet!

Me too!

But I agree, I would be leery buying on the boards from someone who just has 50 posts. I would at least go back and check to see if they were valid posts, or if they were just trying to get the "required" number.

I hate to admit it, but I do the same thing when I see a low post count. :001_unsure:

Cat

maybe she's just introverted and shy about posting? (And you really don't want to hear about my boring life, do you?)

Many of us are introverted - even me with my huge post count! But look at you - you might not post a lot but I recognize your avatar and name as a part of this community. You have over a 100 posts even if you maintain your privacy.

I don't know. I wouldn't think that people who are shy would come to a new site and say, "hey, I don't like one of your rules, let's change it just for me!"

But I could be wrong. :tongue_smilie:

You have a good point there. And I do agree with the policy. I'm much more comfortable purchasing from someone who didn't just appear yesterday. If she just showed back up and joined in a bit, that 50 posts wouldn't take long. This is a really interesting community with a lot of topics.

But the problem with that is you find yourself checking back in and joining into conversations and learning things and spending way too much time here. It's downright habitforming! :D