Menu

Baked Potatoes in the Crock Pot

Has anyone done this?

I have them on the menu tonight and it's HOT outside so I don't want to bake them in the oven.

Do I wrap with foil? How long do I bake them?

I may have to do the microwave but I would prefer to start them now and not think again until dinner time. ;)

I've never done it but did do them in the microwave. I put in 4 (poked with a fork) for 12 minutes, then flipped them over and cooked another 10. They came out perfectly! I don't know why I haven't done it sooner!

:iagree: Our microwave has a "potato" setting that makes perfect baked potatoes, no heating up the house or waiting required!

How about baking on a gas or charcoal grill? YUMMY! No foil, just scrub, prick, rub with a bit of kosher salt (if desired - helps draw out the moisture for a fluffier potato and crisper skin) and bake. Mmmmmmmm.....

Heat one side of the grill (AKA the indirect method) and place potatoes on the side under which there is no fire directly under.

How about baking on a gas or charcoal grill? YUMMY! No foil, just scrub, prick, rub with a bit of kosher salt (if desired - helps draw out the moisture for a fluffier potato and crisper skin) and bake. Mmmmmmmm.....

Heat one side of the grill (AKA the indirect method) and place potatoes on the side under which there is no fire directly under.

I so agree. Baked potatoes done on the grill taste so good. It's my preferred way these days.