Menu

Dry erase boards.....

I've used my dry erase board, but here lately every time I erase it leaves smudge marks. I've bought new erasers, but that didn't work. I just bought some dry-erase markers that say specifically on the package that they won't smudge when erasing...Well, they smudge worse than any I already have! I've sprayed my board down with the board cleaner, and every day I wipe it down with clorox clean-up wipes. Could that possibly change the integrity of the board, and prevent it from erasing clearly? I need something that can erase quickly so that when I'm teaching I don't have to wait for it to dry. My dc go bonkers seeing all the left over marks when I'm trying to do a new lesson on the board. Any tips I don't know about?

Have you tried just using a soft rag or paper towel to wipe it down with? Oh, and also I have this problem if I try to erase right after writing. I have noticed if I give it a few seconds or so and then erase it does much better.

I have found that Expo markers seem to last longer. I buy them in bulk at Sam's club.

I have only had longevity from Expo brand markers. All the cheaper brands really seem to give out quickly. :glare: Keeping any of them away from dee-ess helps tremendously. ;)

I also like Expo's eraser that looks sort of like a regular chalkboard eraser...black foam with a grey fuzzy-ish eraser. It has held up well for over a year now...and I don't think I've ever cleaned it. :001_smile:

I go over the board once in a blue moon with rubbing alcohol. So far, so good.

I would like to piggy back on this one too. I want to use permanent markers to draw lines on the dry erase board for my daughters to use during handwriting practice, but I notice that the perm. marker rubs off. Is there something I can do to accomplish this, or should I just splurge on a lined board?

(hope you don't mind me posting on your thread)

Unfortunately, you may have hurt your board with using wet products to erase (except solutions specifically for dry erase boards). If you need to switch, you might consider tile board from Home Depot-like stores--super cheap and erases great.

BTW, I just use an old handtowel cut in half, or a washcloth (old).

I would like to piggy back on this one too. I want to use permanent markers to draw lines on the dry erase board for my daughters to use during handwriting practice, but I notice that the perm. marker rubs off. Is there something I can do to accomplish this, or should I just splurge on a lined board?

(hope you don't mind me posting on your thread)

Have you tried Wet Erase markers?

For erasing we use either an old washcloth, or used dryer-sheets... One of my dds classroom teachers used them for the kids' boards in the classroom. I haven't noticed any problems w/ them, but I do, occasionally run a wet cloth, or some rubbing alcohol over the board.