Menu

When are the BIG school days sales at the office stores with 1 cent notebooks?

Last year, I think it was Staples, sold 70 ct I think spiral notebooks and filler paper again 70 ct I think for 1 cent each. With our homeshcool card you could stock up and buy 25 each.

So we did. I bought 25 notebooks and 25 pkgs of filler paper for a whopping total of about 60 cents.

Are there any deals out there like last year's? When? When?

Thanks. Sheryl <><

Office Max has a lot of super cheap stuff this week...I think it might vary by region, but here there are 10 pencils for 10 cents, rulers for 5 cents, tiny bottles of purell for 10 cents, binders for 20 cents (I think), and a couple of others.

One thing I found out though, when I tried to go buy folders for $0.01/pc. and a couple of other items at Staples last week, is that you have to spend a minimum of $5 to get the discounted price.

??? I didn't have to purchase a certain amount. I spent a total of $3.67!!! And it doesn't say that on their ad. I would call them on that one! They do limit quanities unless you have a teacher card.

??? I didn't have to purchase a certain amount. I spent a total of $3.67!!! And it doesn't say that on their ad. I would call them on that one! They do limit quanities unless you have a teacher card.

We bought lots of stuff last week and it wasn't a $5 minimum. I always have the sale flyer with me when I check out just in case they try to pull a fast one. I think the employees often get confused as to which ads/weeks have minimums and which don't.

Thanks everyone!

Well, if anyone remembers please POST and keep up sales for ring notebooks and filler paper....which store and when the sale dates are effective.

The one cent sale is what I'm looking for...OK, call me frugal! ;)

Oh, it said it on my ad! Otherwise I might have cleaned them out, lol. Maybe they didn't program the registers to care, though.

This week's ad says it as well, right in the big circle that says 1-cent each.

We have a tax free weekend here. It is the only day besides Black Friday that I refuse to go shopping. I have done it before and if you buy everything including clothes that weekend you can save $100 or so (if you have 6 kids) but it is so not worth it to me. I hate shopping as it is and I hate it even more if there are lots of people and it's hot and it takes all day. :glare:

I have enough supplies left that I don't think I will have to buy much this year which is good because they have a new dress code this year and the youngest two need all new wardrobes. No skinny or baggy jeans, no writing of any kind on shirts, no holes or frayed spots on clothes, all pants with loops require a belt, no open toed or backless shoes, etc. I just bought my 13 year old all skinny jeans less than 6 months ago and half of their shirts have words on them. They also considered no logos on clothes (that would have wiped out the other half of the shirts). They almost went to uniforms this year but decided that it would be too much expense for one year so they are slowly changing the code to phase them in. They are trying to move to khaki kinds of pants and white shirts with maybe sweaters or vests or something but not clothes that most kids are going to willing wear unless they have to. So now they need new clothes this year and then probably again next year. :glare:

ooh! ooh! Southern Savers just posted a preview of next week's Staples ad (starting Sunday)

http://www.southernsavers.com/2010/07/free-backpacks-at-staples-july-25-31-deals/

July 25th-31st, if you buy any backpack at Staples you will receive 100% back through a Staples Gift Card Rebate! This means the backpack is FREE!!

Also:

# Staples Multipurpose Paper, 500 ct., 1¢ (valid July 25-28th)

# BIC Round Stic Black Ballpoint Pens, 1¢ (valid July 25-28th)

# Zebra Sarasa Black Retractable Gel Pens, Medium, 25¢

# Staples Hype! Pen-style Highlighters 25¢

# Really Useful Box, 14 L, 25¢

# 50% off any Lunch Accessory wyb $9.99 Lunch Bag

My son's been bugging me to get him a backpack, and I've refused since he doesn't really need one (what, with being homeschooled and all). I wonder if you can only get one, though--I think my other two are going to want backpacks, too, if their brother gets one.