Menu

When you do K12 Human Odyssey.....

dancer67

Melmichigan, You can't purchase the Teacher Guide or the Student Workbook unless you purchase the K12 course, right?

You can purchase the Teacher and STudent guides for K12 Human Odyssey 1 and 2 used through AMazon Marketplace and others like Biblio.com and ebay. At one point, there were none available b/c everyone at WTM board bought them. Recently, I've seen more available. You can purchase them through K12. As per K12 instructions, you buy the course for $120 which includes online access, teacher and student guides and HO text. If you cancel w/in the first month, they refund you the $20 for the course, and for the remaining $100 you get to keep the text, teacher and student guides. If you order online through the K12 store w/out signing up for the course, they charge you $99+shipping and you only receive the Text and NOT the teacher and student guide. Clear as mud?

Capt_Uhura

Exactly, to a degree. I have a child enrolled in the OLS (K12 online school) independently with a year long commitment, so I can purchase materials for most of the classes with the teachers/student materials.

Thanks Capt Uhura. I purchased the vols 1 and 2 text for $99 each a few weeks ago when K12's website said "student pages and teacher guide are included if available." I only received the text books, and called K12 asking why the other things weren't included. They couldn't explain the website product explanation, only that the pages and guide are no longer included with the text. And when I tried to enroll in the online class (to get the TG and student pages), they told me that was no longer an option (maybe because I already purchased the texts?) So they shipped the vols 1 and 2 TGs and Student pages (which cost an additional $73.50 - $16 of that was shipping.)

I looked yesterday, and K12 has changed the text description...

Thanks again for letting me know. I just wanted to make sure that I didn't overpay for everything.

Melissa

Melissa - my friend ordered from K12 about 2 weeks ago. They had just changed their policy and it took the help line a long time to get it straightened out. Yes I too noticed they had changed the website. But my friend was able to get the text and teacher/student guides for $99. K12 also stopped selling of their products at their yahoogroup. When I talked w/ K12 about buying the products, the guy told me that I couldn't possibly teach the material w/out signing up for the online class. :lol::tongue_smilie:

Melissa - my friend ordered from K12 about 2 weeks ago. They had just changed their policy and it took the help line a long time to get it straightened out. Yes I too noticed they had changed the website. But my friend was able to get the text and teacher/student guides for $99. K12 also stopped selling of their products at their yahoogroup. When I talked w/ K12 about buying the products, the guy told me that I couldn't possibly teach the material w/out signing up for the online class. :lol::tongue_smilie:

Oh boy I'm glad I impusively bought the Teacher/Student guides for both Levels A and B when I saw them cheap at Amazon a few months back!!

or did I buy the wrong Student and Teacher guides (is that possible?)? One uses "chapter" and one uses "unit"...titles and page numbers don't match up, the textbooks are 1 and 2 and the guides are A and B. :confused: Granted I haven't spent a ton of time planning this all out yet, but looking through them, it's not making sense to me. I am on information-overload from planning for my kids for the last few weeks. I have a feeling I'm about to have a "duh!" moment and feel completely idiotic...but can someone help me?

Thanks!

Pam

My TG & Student pages are the same as what you have. I haven't done any in depth planning yet, but I just took a quick look at the guide and pages. It looks like the units have daily lessons which break down the chapter reading into smaller increments, and include corresponding writings assignments and activities. As for the units vs chapters, it appears that the units are grouped by theme (and include more than one chapter.)

Maybe someone who is more familiar with how these work will chime in...

or did I buy the wrong Student and Teacher guides (is that possible?)? One uses "chapter" and one uses "unit"...titles and page numbers don't match up, the textbooks are 1 and 2 and the guides are A and B. :confused: Granted I haven't spent a ton of time planning this all out yet, but looking through them, it's not making sense to me. I am on information-overload from planning for my kids for the last few weeks. I have a feeling I'm about to have a "duh!" moment and feel completely idiotic...but can someone help me?

Thanks!

Pam

Do your student & teacher guides not match each other, or do they not match the text? If they don't match each other, are both the student and teacher guides from the same year? I checked my student & teacher guides, and the 2006 "B" guides match each other as well as the text of Volume 2 (assigned page numbers are correct, etc.).

Jackie

For volume 1, you want:

Intermediate World History A Teacher Guide

The Intermediate World History A Student Guide doesn't seem to be available on Amazon at the moment, but check the other used book websites as well as ebay.

I've been careful to get both the student and teacher guides from the same year, just in case they made any changes from year to year.

Jackie

For volume 1, you want:

Intermediate World History A Teacher Guide

The Intermediate World History A Student Guide doesn't seem to be available on Amazon at the moment, but check the other used book websites as well as ebay.

I've been careful to get both the student and teacher guides from the same year, just in case they made any changes from year to year.

Jackie

Yes, this is what I have, for both TG and Student pages. I'm going to check the years now.

Pam

So, after hours of checking, the student guides for A are nowhere to be found, and I mean nowhere!

Well, there are two at Amazon, but the cheapest one is $69. :(

Could I do justice to the program starting with just the teacher's guide, and if so, when student guides ARE available, am I more likely to find 2005 or 2006?

Don't know which year you'd more likely find (or if it would matter), but the Teacher's Guide is mostly answers to what's in the Student Guide.

However, sometimes (not always) the questions are included with the answers, so you could possibly re-create the questions. Many of the essay prompts appear to be in there too.

So, after hours of checking, the student guides for A are nowhere to be found, and I mean nowhere!

Could I do justice to the program starting with just the teacher's guide, and if so, when student guides ARE available, am I more likely to find 2005 or 2006?

Thanks again.

pm me, I might be able to help you.

Sorry, thought I could help you, but was mistaken! Sorry!!!

Edited by Teresa in MO
added content

I emailed K12 customer service several days ago to ask if the texts available for purchase separately included the student and teacher pages, or the text only. They haven't gotten back to me yet. From my reading of this thread, it looks like they do NOT, and I have to do the whole rigmarole of signing up for the course and then canceling it if I want to buy the materials from them. What a pain. Do they actually refund the extra 20 or 30 bucks they charge for the class if you cancel right away?

• 2 weeks later...