Menu

Do you ever get the distinct feeling you are on someone's

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's sweet. Our amardillos tend to nap in the middle of the road. :lol:

A few years ago we had a dead one (fully intact) in front of our house. I tried to get ds to get it for a nature study. He declined.

They carry leprosy, dontcha' know. I wouldn't touch one of them with YOUR hand!

Mrs. Mungo...I must be confused. I thought that you've been in Oklahoma all this time! (yes, I would love to meet up for an Omniplex day! We are buying an annual family pass for $3 this week! Woohoo!)

Ohyeah....and cookies and curry!

Mrs. Mungo...I must be confused. I thought that you've been in Oklahoma all this time! (yes, I would love to meet up for an Omniplex day! We are buying an annual family pass for $3 this week! Woohoo!)

I'm originally from Oklahoma, but I currently live in Hawaii. I haven't lived in Oklahoma in many a year, I've been living lots of different places. My family lives there though!

iphone, my friend, iphone. :D It is SO handy when waiting at the doctor or soccer or whatever.
iPhone?! I'm feeling pretty advanced just having an iPod, lol. My brother makes fun of me because I have the dinosaur of iPods while he gets the latest iPhone delivered to his house the day it comes out. I do *really* use my iPod a lot, but I am so gun-shy about spending money; even the iPod I bought used from a friend who bought it new but never used it (sacrilege!), so got it for half price. As much as I use it I really should consider an upgrade; but an iPhone just seems completely out of reach...

Official Public Retraction/Apology to Armadillos Everywhere

I just asked dh (in order to confirm the knowledge that I earlier bestowed on readers of this thread), "It's leprosy that armadillos carry, right?" He replied, "they CAN".

So, in order that I may no longer besmirch the good name of all Healthy and Non-Leper Armadillos.....I am now correcting my earlier error.

Not all armadillos are lepers. Please do not make assumptions of the ones you encounter. (Although, to be honest, I am still not touching one, even with somebody ELSE'S hand!)

It's all fun and games until you get the "server busy" message. :glare:

It's all your fault. Everyone wants in on your thread.:D

As a side note:

When I was a kid, we lived in Monterrey, CA, and had pizza from "Armadillo Pizza," every Friday night. It was great pizza.

iPhone?! I'm feeling pretty advanced just having an iPod, lol. My brother makes fun of me because I have the dinosaur of iPods while he gets the latest iPhone delivered to his house the day it comes out. I do *really* use my iPod a lot, but I am so gun-shy about spending money; even the iPod I bought used from a friend who bought it new but never used it (sacrilege!), so got it for half price. As much as I use it I really should consider an upgrade; but an iPhone just seems completely out of reach...

I love it so much. I can do SO many things. It coordinates itself with Outlook, so I can keep track of all the things I'm supposed to do (in theory, as long as I remember to put them in). It has a gps and map function. I can send and receive emails. I can read and post on the board (not long posts, that's too hard). I don't know if I could live without it now that I have it!

It's all your fault. Everyone wants in on your thread.:D

As a side note:

When I was a kid, we lived in Monterrey, CA, and had pizza from "Armadillo Pizza," every Friday night. It was great pizza.

Yes, but did you get the Deluxe with Extra Armour? :lol:

That server busy was drivin' me CRAZY!! I had two private messages that I couldn't read!!

Official Public Retraction/Apology to Armadillos Everywhere

I just asked dh (in order to confirm the knowledge that I earlier bestowed on readers of this thread), "It's leprosy that armadillos carry, right?" He replied, "they CAN".

So, in order that I may no longer besmirch the good name of all Healthy and Non-Leper Armadillos.....I am now correcting my earlier error.

Not all armadillos are lepers. Please do not make assumptions of the ones you encounter. (Although, to be honest, I am still not touching one, even with somebody ELSE'S hand!)

So we could say that it possible that SOME but not ALL armadillos COULD carry leprosy. Perhaps we could turn this into a logic statement. :lol:

Some armadillos carry leprosy

Armadillos dig holes

Therefore some things that dig holes carry leprosy.

(I really need to go to bed!)

4. Do armadillos carry diseases, such as leprosy?

Wild armadillos have been known to be infected with the bacterium that causes leprosy (Hansen’s disease). The only cases of transmission from armadillos to humans have occurred in rare incidents in which people ate undercooked armadillo meat. If you have a pet (such as a dog, cat, or two-year old) that has recently interacted with an armadillo, you needn't worry about the danger of your pet becoming infected. So long as your dog, cat, or two-year old hasn't been dining on armadillo sushi, you have little cause for concern. Even if your pet does bite an armadillo, the risk of infection is quite low. Your pet is much more likely to be in danger of illness do to encounters with raccoons (prone to rabies), other dogs, cats or children than a (mostly) harmless armadillo.

:lol:

https://www.msu.edu/~nixonjos/armadillo/faq.html#04

So we could say that it possible that SOME but not ALL armadillos COULD carry leprosy. Perhaps we could turn this into a logic statement. :lol:

Some armadillos carry leprosy

Armadillos dig holes

Therefore some things that dig holes carry leprosy.

(I really need to go to bed!)

:lol: I think that I shall use your example in my upcoming Logic class.

Ohmy. I shoulda' never googled:

"most instances of humans contracting leprosy from armadillos involve people who have eaten undercooked armadillo meat."

Lesson learned: Never order the armadillo rare.

https://www.msu.edu/~nixonjos/armadillo/research.html

Edited by ThatCyndiGirl
armadillo knowledge update

I'm sorry.....What?! :confused:

Is somebody talking? All I hear is the sound of whooshing air.

j/k....You aren't on MY ignore list!

But, yes, I understand that feeling. It's as if I say, "I think that cats are cute and cuddly". No response. Nothing. Then a few posts down another, more popular member (Gee, it's like high school all over again!) says, "ya know what? I have always found kitty cats to be so DARN CUTE AND CUDDLY!" and all you hear is the sound of everyone agreeing with said poster, "OMG!!! Isn't she just so stinkin' ASTUTE?! Your ability to ascertain the nuances of everything in the entire world,...right down to feline demeanor is just staggering!! You are an incredible contribution to this board! How have we lived without your input for so long? Tonight.....WE SHALL BUILD A SHRINE IN THINE HONOUR!"

:cheers2::hurray::tongue_smilie:

The only reason you would be on my ignore list (if I had one) is because the majority of your posts make me snort and send whatever the beverage of choice is at the moment all over my laptop screen. You are not good for computers.:D

The only reason you would be on my ignore list (if I had one) is because the majority of your posts make me snort and send whatever the beverage of choice is at the moment all over my laptop screen. You are not good for computers.:D

That is a high compliment indeed! (It is as if you called me feline eveningwear!) ;)

That might be the funniest thing I have ever read. I cannot stop laughing! Thank you so much!!!!! I so needed a good laugh!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

:iagree:

:lol::lol::lol:

I was laughing out loud and had to try to explain this post to DH! HE jsut shook his head.:tongue_smilie:

The term "cat's pajamas" comes from E.B. Katz, an English tailor of the late 1700's and early 1800's, who made the finest silk pajamas for royalty and other wealth patrons. Nothing like a cat nap in Kat'z pjs. (from the book, "Cats out of the Bag" compiled by Terry, Don and Ken Beck);

but it is the interwebz and may be something someone made up :lol:

I have never seen a cat in pajamas. However, when they tested the hurricane emergency system at the beach condo the other day, my daughter said, "That scared the pajamas out of me."

Can you get a pm from someone you are ignoring? Sorry if this question has been asked an answered. You must be on my ignore list.

Actually, I tried to ignore someone once, but I was too curious about his/her posts and had to keep clicking on them. I figured it was less clicking not to ignore them.

I have never seen a cat in pajamas. However, when they tested the hurricane emergency system at the beach condo the other day, my daughter said, "That scared the pajamas out of me."

Don't you love it when kids make up knew phrases? When my middle dd was younger she used to say she "scribbled up" pieces of paper instead of wadding them up. I thought it was perfect!

Can you get a pm from someone you are ignoring? Sorry if this question has been asked an answered. You must be on my ignore list.

I don't know?

I must be really tired because all I can think of now is:

1) Can I knit a chubby "fat-stickin'-outta'-my-armour" armadillo?

and...

2) Can I knit a pair of cats in pajamas. I'm thinking a female cat in a lovely little chemise and her partner a male in pajama pants with matching smoking jacket and ascot. Perhaps a pipe in his paw.....

Actually, I tried to ignore someone once, but I was too curious about his/her posts and had to keep clicking on them. I figured it was less clicking not to ignore them.

I tried ignoring someone once. Curiosity killed the....well, I got curious. (I HAD to stop the feline references before somebody started calling me the crazy cat lady!)

Don't you just LOVE the twists and turns that a thread can take?

Next up: Do cats really wear pajamas and why is it a compliment to be compared to them?

Discuss.

the cat's pajamas:

An adjective used by hipsters of the 1920's to describe a person who is the best at what they do. Also used to describe another person who is genial and fun to be with.

cats-pajamas.jpg

You ladies are the cat's pajamas!! :D

the cat's pajamas:

An adjective used by hipsters of the 1920's to describe a person who is the best at what they do. Also used to describe another person who is genial and fun to be with.

cats-pajamas.jpg

You ladies are the cat's pajamas!! :D

THANKS! And I'm guessing that this cat's name is Mr. Happy?

OHMYGOSH!!! I can't believe that I found a knit armadillo!!

http://mochimochiland.com/2009/07/tiny-armadillo/

It's so tiny and cute!

Now to find a knitted cat in pajamas pattern. (and now I have the Bananas in Pajamas theme song running through my head!) <---lesson to the kiddies: This is what happens when mommy doesn't take her Adderall.)

Kym of Clan Armadillo, Yes, I was trying to find her pic with the glasses (it's the header on my blog), but this one was on the computer.) Btw, I think that you should change your screenname to Kym of Clan Armadillo. It has a nice regal ring to it.

May I never discover you napping on the side of the road.

Edited by ThatCyndiGirl

I think this explains why I've PM'd a couple of people and got nothing at all as a reply.

Of course, they could have just been busy.

am I nuts? Is it just me? I read Nakia's OP and I immediately questioned whether or not I ever ignored her posts.

Then I read Jean's reply above and wonder if I ever forgot to reply to her PM.

Am I nuts? Or just tired?

:confused1:

It's so tiny and cute!

Now to find a knitted cat in pajamas pattern. (and now I have the Bananas in Pajamas theme song running through my head!)

Kym of Clan Armadillo, Yes, I was trying to find her pic with the glasses (it's the header on my blog), but this one was on the computer.) Btw, I think that you should change your screenname to Kym of Clan Armadillo. It has a nice regal ring to it.

I read the OP and then went to the last page. When I came upon the above, I was confused...... then remembered it's WTM and :lol::lol::lol:

WHEW!!!!

I notice that you didn't respond to my question of whether or not I'm nuts. So, am I nuts?

Well, it is difficult to diagnose via message board, but it is likely that you are either:

A) Nuts

or

B) You partook of some deadly rare armadillo and the leprosy has gone to your brain.

It's so tiny and cute!

That is the cutest thing! I may have to get my knitting needles back out for that one.

Now to find a knitted cat in pajamas pattern. (and now I have the Bananas in Pajamas theme song running through my head!) <---lesson to the kiddies: This is what happens when mommy doesn't take her Adderall.)

Ooh! I like it! My hubby will too, being a Scotsman. Oh, wait. Maybe not. Clan Robertson, Clan Donaghey, Clan Armadillo. Just doesn't have the same ring to it.:glare:

:crying: Poor armadillos!!

I read the OP and then went to the last page. When I came upon the above, I was confused...... then remembered it's WTM and :lol::lol::lol:

:lol: This thread has definitely taken a turn...

for better or worse, I'm not sure!

I 'm thinking that we need some Clan Armadilla t-shirts.

I wonder what sort of tartan an armadilla might have? <---OMG!! An armadilla in a kilt!!)

(Seriously, tomorrow....back on the Adderall! My mind is a runaway train (with an armadilla at the helm) without Adderall!) :lol:

Edited by ThatCyndiGirl

Yes, but did you get the Deluxe with Extra Armour? :lol:

That server busy was drivin' me CRAZY!! I had two private messages that I couldn't read!!

:lol: I think that I shall use your example in my upcoming Logic class.

Ohmy. I shoulda' never googled:

"most instances of humans contracting leprosy from armadillos involve people who have eaten undercooked armadillo meat."

Lesson learned: Never order the armadillo rare.

https://www.msu.edu/~nixonjos/armadillo/research.html

AUGH!!!! Is that what's wrong with me? I ate raw armadillo on my pizza when I was younger?!?!?

And you keep changing your avatar! You're trying to confuse me, aren't you?!:lol::lol: