Menu

Tomorrow is the big event. My first brag. Pro Life.

Hello,

I just wanted to post that tomorrow (Tues) my dd is turning 13. She has organized a concert to raise money for a Pro Life organization that does some wonderful things for people facing an unexpected pregnancy. Pregnancy testing, mentoring, counseling, parenting classes and provision of baby items are some of the services offered. The agency also offers post-abortive counseling.

She has solicited 9 donors from local stores. This is HUGE. She use to be afraid to tell a waitress her order! She has alerted the newspapers and 3 radio stations, as well as put an add in our church bulletin.

Please keep her and all the performers in your prayers that they will enjoy themselves (not be nervous) and that everything goes smoothly/successfully. It would be nice if there are many donations, too.

Oh, and that I won't be nervous!

Thank you.

I hope I can make it through the whole day. I. JUST. COULDN'T. SLEEP!

My mind would think about it and I would get a painful adrenaline rush. I'd fall asleep and wake right back up. I guess it is a good reason not to be able to fall asleep (no tragedy just nerves.)

Of course, it didn't help that I was up until 2 a.m. doing the usual pre-birthday traditions: blowing up 13 balloons to hang from her door, painting a birthday message on the big window and making a beautiful '13' to go above her bed.

Thank you for all your kind words, thoughts and prayers.

Everything went fine. Not as many people as we had hoped but she still managed to raise $412, not including what we will chip in.

She claimed the interview was horrible but the piece on the news was absolutely beautiful. It was really nice.

When we came home after going out for a celebratory meal we found a nice email from a local radio station. It was from the VP of sales. She said she was so impressed with dds enthusiasm that she wanted to find out what this charity was about. She went there and visited with many staff. She said she planned to do much promotion for them and planed to invite my dd in for the details!

I'm just amazed.

My dd is SO excited. She has permission to take the money once a check is cut and SHOP for all the baby items they need!!! She is talking about trying to see which store will give her more for her money.

I'm so happy for her.

Thanks for letting me brag on my baby!

from a marathon shopping trip. 5 car seats. 5 boxes of diapers. wipes. nursing pillow. blankets. toys. odds and ends for babies. clothes. baby food. oh and the essential item according to my dd: pacifiers. I could barely fit it all in the van. She was having so much fun! :D