Menu

Has ANYONE got a Garmin GPS???

Yes, and I do love them! Do you think yours might be defective?

We've got a Garmin GPS in our car dashboard, Garmin GPS handhelds for geocaching, and a Garmin Forerunner watch for running/hiking. Use them all and they all work great.

with anything electronic...

Hand it to the youngest kid and then work your way up to the oldest. :D

Last time I tried to use my Garmin, the 13 year old got it to do what I needed it to do...

BTW, did you let it find the satellites before you started moving? I make the mistake of turning in on en route and then I can't get it do work right....

We've never been successful in having our Garmin find a specific address. We have limited success in getting where we want to go when we enter an adress we already know and enter it. Part of that might be the weird streets in Central Texas, but dude, sometimes it wants me to go where there isn't even an exit off the freeway!:glare:

I have a Nuvi 205 and a handheld Garmin (for geocaching) and they both work great. Try standing outside in the open (not under a porch or a tree) and see if that helps. They don't do well under trees or in buildings IME. My 205 is usually accurate to within 200ft or so of my destination, and by the time I get that close I can find it. :001_smile:

It's official. I'm an idiot. Dh has it all figured out.

My parents have one and LOVE it. Mom is 65, dad 72....they love it. They travel 2000 miles across country and use it to find good places to eat and the best route for that particular trip. However, in the small rural town they live in Garmen doesn't know how to find their house.

I'm wondering if you are having trouble because you live in the rurals?

But you say your dh figured it out? So are you good now?