Menu

A favor about my quilt squares

Would those of you who sent me a square send me a PM telling me your real name/city along with your screen name? I have opened up the beautiful box Mariann sent the squares in and I get so confused...don't want to seperate the squares from the envelopes until I can figure out who is who.

I also get very emotional when I see all the lovely squares sent to me by you all. My first 2 weeks in this house have been filled with mixed emotions...Anxious to get my quilt squares layed out and organized.

Would those of you who sent me a square send me a PM telling me your real name/city along with your screen name? I have opened up the beautiful box Mariann sent the squares in and I get so confused...don't want to seperate the squares from the envelopes until I can figure out who is who.

I also get very emotional when I see all the lovely squares sent to me by you all. My first 2 weeks in this house have been filled with mixed emotions...Anxious to get my quilt squares layed out and organized.

Oh, heavens, Scarlett -- I thought it was just me. I was so afraid to separate squares from envelopes.....that's why I was unable to pre - stage it for you.

Whew - I thought it was just me.

Oh, heavens, Scarlett -- I thought it was just me. I was so afraid to separate squares from envelopes.....that's why I was unable to pre - stage it for you.

Whew - I thought it was just me.

LOL...it is overwhelming no? The goodness of virtual friends is AMAZING.

But I MUST know who sent what. I just must. :)

I'm glad they arrived. I hope your mum is in a quilting mood :)

Rosie

And Rosie, YOURS is one of the ones that I couldn't seem to identify....? I couldn't find an envelope with Austrailia on it...I do know you sent me the stork one, so I will know it when I see it...

And Rosie, YOURS is one of the ones that I couldn't seem to identify....? I couldn't find an envelope with Austrailia on it...I do know you sent me the stork one, so I will know it when I see it...

If you don't, I'll cry. The stork looks like a stork, darn it!

:)

Rosie

:w00t::banghead: My ds has that envelope! I am SO sorry -- Rosie's square was the second one to arrive - right after Aubrey's, I think........OR.........Rosie's square was the first to arrive and Aubrey's was the second. :confused: We were in the hotel at the time and I was going back and forth to the house to collect the mail.

Anyway, ds kept the envelope -- I think I even told Rosie that DS kept it. There was something singularly amazing about the envelope besides the fact that it came from so far away. But I cannot remember what it was.:tongue_smilie:

You know -- it is all pretty much a blur. We stopped by the hotel today to say hello (we do that every month or so - the manager and assistant are just so nice and were so great to us), and the entire four months is such a blur.

The Manager was talking about how impressed he was that we did school every day and how disciplined we all were.......and do you know......I have almost no recollection of it. Isn't that bizarre?

:w00t::banghead: My ds has that envelope! I am SO sorry -- Rosie's square was the second one to arrive - right after Aubrey's, I think........OR.........Rosie's square was the first to arrive and Aubrey's was the second. :confused: We were in the hotel at the time and I was going back and forth to the house to collect the mail.

Anyway, ds kept the envelope -- I think I even told Rosie that DS kept it. There was something singularly amazing about the envelope besides the fact that it came from so far away. But I cannot remember what it was.:tongue_smilie:

You know -- it is all pretty much a blur. We stopped by the hotel today to say hello (we do that every month or so - the manager and assistant are just so nice and were so great to us), and the entire four months is such a blur.

The Manager was talking about how impressed he was that we did school every day and how disciplined we all were.......and do you know......I have almost no recollection of it. Isn't that bizarre?

Ok, are you saying Rosie's square was sent, but not her envelope? That will solve a mystery for me...that is actually what kept me paralysed everytime I opened the box...I would look for the envelope 'down under', couldn't find it and then I'd get overwhelmed and give up.

Yeah, I know. I have issues. Hee hee.

Ok, are you saying Rosie's square was sent, but not her envelope? That will solve a mystery for me...that is actually what kept me paralysed everytime I opened the box...I would look for the envelope 'down under', couldn't find it and then I'd get overwhelmed and give up.

Yeah, I know. I have issues. Hee hee.

My heart, Scarlett! I am sitting here eating my liver wondering what happened to Rosie's square.:svengo:

Yes, the stork is there - it is in there. I don't remember if I stuck it in someone elses envelope or if it is just in there.

Towards the end, when folks were posting their own photos of their squares (and for those of you who did that, I am ETERNALLY grateful), I stopped opening envelopes b/c some folks had little notes in there for you and I didn't want you to think I was reading them (.....well, yes, I did read them, but I didn't want YOU to know that :smilielol5:) Seriously, I didn't read them. :)

And, yes it looks like a stork -- my kids knew immediately it was a stork, what they wanted to know was WHY someone had made a stork!:toetap05:

My heart, Scarlett! I am sitting here eating my liver wondering what happened to Rosie's square.:svengo:

Yes, the stork is there - it is in there. I don't remember if I stuck it in someone elses envelope or if it is just in there.

Towards the end, when folks were posting their own photos of their squares (and for those of you who did that, I am ETERNALLY grateful), I stopped opening envelopes b/c some folks had little notes in there for you and I didn't want you to think I was reading them (.....well, yes, I did read them, but I didn't want YOU to know that :smilielol5:) Seriously, I didn't read them. :)

And, yes it looks like a stork -- my kids knew immediately it was a stork, what they wanted to know was WHY someone had made a stork!:toetap05:

And, one more thing, WHAT was I taking when this was going on? Who wrote those incredibly cheery updates and notes and good grief, I am going to need insulin if I read anymore of what I wrote.:leaving:

Don't stamp your foot at me, Madam! I provided the back-story!

Rosie

I found the stork! It was in your envelope but your envelope was inside another bigger envelope!~ Mystery solved.

I'm am giddy with excitement looking through these squares.

I just read Aubrey's note...I cried.

I found the stork! It was in your envelope but your envelope was inside another bigger envelope!~ Mystery solved.

I'm am giddy with excitement looking through these squares.

I just read Aubrey's note...I cried.

So, I had managed to wrestle the envelope away from DS.....or was it DD? Were there pandas on it? If so, then it was dd.

I am telling you, Scarlett, it is a blur!:001_huh:

So, I had managed to wrestle the envelope away from DS.....or was it DD? Were there pandas on it? If so, then it was dd.

I am telling you, Scarlett, it is a blur!:001_huh:

Kangaroos....:)

The stork was VERY important to me as it was Rosie's idea to do the quilt in the beginning...So I'm happy to have it.

You did great btw, Mariann! I was just telling my mom tonight....'what was she thinking taking on that project in the middle of Home Repair from Hades.'

I was tapping, and I must say with all due respect, I missed the back story. But, that's okay. I made something up for the kids.;);) Like I was telling Scarlett, all of this is a blur to me -- really.

She had just made a stork square for a baby quilt....and storks are a symbol of good luck---which I didn't know.

And she said, 'you know what you need? A quilt.' And a great idea was off and running. :001_smile:

Kangaroos....:)

The stork was VERY important to me as it was Rosie's idea to do the quilt in the beginning...So I'm happy to have it.

You did great btw, Mariann! I was just telling my mom tonight....'what was she thinking taking on that project in the middle of Home Repair from Hades.'

OMH! Yes, kangaroos - I wonder how in the world I managed to get it back from her - I KNOW it was dd9.5 -- future veterinarian.

I think that it has sunk in for everyone but me how difficult that time was -- it hasn't really hit me yet.......I am still so busy juggling everything - kitchen not yet done, etc.

She had just made a stork square for a baby quilt....and storks are a symbol of good luck---which I didn't know.

And she said, 'you know what you need? A quilt.' And a great idea was off and running. :001_smile:

Thank you! I do remember Rosie waking up to me suggesting that she be the collector of the squares. She politely pointed out to me that sending the squares to her neck of the woods didn't make much sense.:D I guess I would have suggested Rosie be in charge of it all b/c I was in such a FOG!

That's interesting about the stork being a symbol of good luck - I told my kids it was a symbol of Best Wishes - sort of the same thing.

I daresay I can send Miss Veterinarian some kangaroo postcards if she really needs some. Once I find the post office, that is. There must be one around here somewhere...

The back story, and it wasn't a baby quilt:

"Ok. I kind of fancy having a signature block so I'm going to make an appliqued stork. I made a patch with two facing each other on it for some SCA friends wedding quilt a few months back. A wedding quilt, I thought, requires a good luck theme. Now I think of it, any occasion that calls for the making of a quilt could do with some good luckiness, methinks, divorce quilts, certainly! For that wedding quilt, I dug through online looking for good luck symbols, but thought four leaf clovers were a bit cliche, and didn't want to go for any that were also fertility symbols (it was a second marriage and her three daughters are plenty of kids- they'd run screaming from anyone sprinkling baby dust.) I don't think fertility symbols are appropriate for Scarlett right now either :svengo: ;) Anyway, I was running out of options and couldn't find inspiration then thought, since they were SCA friends, what would my SCA persona have as a good luck symbol? She's Polish, and storks are a Polish good luck symbol, so that's why storks."

Oh yeah, and it is a dancing stork because Scarlett would be dancing with glee to be free of such a git in man's clothing.

Rosie

Edited by Rosie_0801

I daresay I can send Miss Veterinarian some kangaroo postcards if she really needs some. Once I find the post office, that is. There must be one around here somewhere...

The back story, and it wasn't a baby quilt:

"Ok. I kind of fancy having a signature block so I'm going to make an appliqued stork. I made a patch with two facing each other on it for some SCA friends wedding quilt a few months back. A wedding quilt, I thought, requires a good luck theme. Now I think of it, any occasion that calls for the making of a quilt could do with some good luckiness, methinks, divorce quilts, certainly! For that wedding quilt, I dug through online looking for good luck symbols, but thought four leaf clovers were a bit cliche, and didn't want to go for any that were also fertility symbols (it was a second marriage and her three daughters are plenty of kids- they'd run screaming from anyone sprinkling baby dust.) I don't think fertility symbols are appropriate for Scarlett right now either :svengo: ;) Anyway, I was running out of options and couldn't find inspiration then thought, since they were SCA friends, what would my SCA persona have as a good luck symbol? She's Polish, and storks are a Polish good luck symbol, so that's why storks."

Oh yeah, and it is a dancing stork because Scarlett would be dancing with glee to be free of such a git in man's clothing.

Rosie

You were very kind to provide that quite amusing back story! 'Baby dust' indeed!:D

I was not far off then when I told my kids it was to hope for best wishes for someone.

And, I do think that one of kids commented that he looked like he was dancing - maybe all three.

If you are able to send anything at all, let me know and I will paypal you for the expense --Or, I could put dd on a flight to you, you could put the items in her little hand, and march her right back on to a flight to the States.:D That would give me a few hours (at least) of quiet.;)

Not saying anything - not saying anything -recoletadredslady1_900.jpg

Scarlett - I am happy that you are getting ready to sew the quilt. I can't wait to see pics of the completed project. If you need any more squares let me know and I can send one, too.

Sheesh! Forget Clinique! I am going to have stop by Earl Scheib's Auto Paint Shop!:lol::lol:

If you are able to send anything at all, let me know and I will paypal you for the expense --Or, I could put dd on a flight to you, you could put the items in her little hand, and march her right back on to a flight to the States.:D That would give me a few hours (at least) of quiet.;)

PM me your address and give me a few weeks to find the stuff I know I have stashed around, we've just moved house. If you want to send her over, I'd be much obliged if you'd let me get over this chest infection and give me a day or two to catch up on my housework ;)

Rosie

PM me your address and give me a few weeks to find the stuff I know I have stashed around, we've just moved house. If you want to send her over, I'd be much obliged if you'd let me get over this chest infection and give me a day or two to catch up on my housework ;)

Rosie

She is a great little housekeeper! And, very caring when one isn't feeling well. She is really a little sweetheart -- and I mean that. just.a.little.quirky.

I will PM you - and thank you -- you will have made her day!

My mom came today and we went through each and every square. I still can't bear to seperate the squares from their envelopes because I have to figure out who is who....many of you put your screen name on your square and that was VERY helpful to my mental well being...but anyway, mom is as excited as I am. So many of you sent extra squares and oddly enough there were a couple of duplicate fabrics from different people..isn't that cool?

Anyway this is a bump for anyone to send me a pm with their screen name attached to their real name/city so that I can make sense of this fabulous chaos.

Thanks everyone....you all rock.