Menu

anyone have-> Queen Homeschool: A Living History of our World

flobee76

I love the looks of this program. The author has a blog that has a few more samples. I think we are likely to use this program next year for my 5th and 2nd grader. The only thing that might change that is that Notgrass has a new American history program for 5th-8th graders that I would like to see samples of before I make my final decision. I would still likely use this for my 2nd grader.

I wish I could see this program in person.

Jan

I love the looks of this program. The author has a blog that has a few more samples. I think we are likely to use this program next year for my 5th and 2nd grader. The only thing that might change that is that Notgrass has a new American history program for 5th-8th graders that I would like to see samples of before I make my final decision. I would still likely use this for my 2nd grader.

I wish I could see this program in person.

Jan

Do you have a link for the blog? I can't seem to find it.

Have any of you used any of their other history readers? I'm looking at the ones about early american history. I would be using them for 1st grade.

I have not... they look really cool though

Sooo I ordered "A Living History of Our World" w/ the OP and I am VERRRRRY impressed! It was just what I was looking for, a simple living book (w/ a Christian POV) that covered early American history, I can add what I want (we're planing on adding the D'Aulaire books and doing some simply projects). All the geography terms are in itallics and underlined which I love and we're going to use that as our spring board for geography. I didn't get the journal (OP did though) so we're just planing on reading a chapter a week and doing some narration/journaling.

I have not... they look really cool though

Sooo I ordered "A Living History of Our World" w/ the OP and I am VERRRRRY impressed! It was just what I was looking for, a simple living book (w/ a Christian POV) that covered early American history, I can add what I want (we're planing on adding the D'Aulaire books and doing some simply projects). All the geography terms are in itallics and underlined which I love and we're going to use that as our spring board for geography. I didn't get the journal (OP did though) so we're just planing on reading a chapter a week and doing some narration/journaling.

heather- check out my new thread on this! :lol: