Menu

Postcard-size famous paintings?

Heidi

This set is not just Renoir and Monet (but they are included), but is the 250 most popular paintings in a selection of Art History texts. I think there are 1-3 cards for any of the artists, but there are a wide variety of styles and schools represented.

There are a few I will censor in some way, there are a few tastefully done nudes that we'll not use until a more appropriate age and there are some with pictures of "Jesus" that we'll also reserve/cover as appropriate (we are careful/cautious of this issue). I think I counted maybe 20 or fewer that would be in this category. There were others that, well, I just don't care for contemporary/modern art, but we'll use them eventually, I'm certain.

I'm overall pleased with this purchase; the quality and information included is quite good.

This set is not just Renoir and Monet (but they are included), but is the 250 most popular paintings in a selection of Art History texts. I think there are 1-3 cards for any of the artists, but there are a wide variety of styles and schools represented.

There are a few I will censor in some way, there are a few tastefully done nudes that we'll not use until a more appropriate age and there are some with pictures of "Jesus" that we'll also reserve/cover as appropriate (we are careful/cautious of this issue). I think I counted maybe 20 or fewer that would be in this category. There were others that, well, I just don't care for contemporary/modern art, but we'll use them eventually, I'm certain.

I'm overall pleased with this purchase; the quality and information included is quite good.

Yes, this is what I'm looking for.

I don't have a color printer or I would just do the print option. Maybe I should look into getting a color printer...

Anyone else know of art cards?

Art Puzzle app for the iPad/iPhone is wonderful. After you 'unlock' each masterpiece, it downloads to iPhoto to do with what you please.

My girls LOVE this game.

AO has a yahoo group devoted to sharing art pics.

I registered for Meet The Masters though HomeschoolBuyers Co-Op ($44/3 years). You have access to all the art work. I emailed all the pics to dh and he printed off them ALL on our sweet color laser printer at our office.

• 3 months later...
Guest MasterpieceCards

I have published a boxed set of 250 famous paintings on 4" by 6" Cards. On the reverse of each reproduction, an art historian (or two!) explains what the art painting means and how it shaped art history.

For more info, check out http://www.TheMasterpieceCards.com. You can also sign up for a free blog about famous paintings!

Susan Benford, Founder

I purchased God and The History of Art a few years before I plan on using it because it came with some post card sized art, the price of the whole program was not much more than some post card sets!

http://www.christianbook.com/god-the-history-of-art-revised/9780970040565/pd/787771#curr

There are more pictures of it at Rainbow Resource:

http://www.rainbowresource.com/product/God+and+the+History+of+Art+4-Year+Curriculum+Book+with+Paint+and+Marker+Cards/003391/1286307578-1638781

I have published a boxed set of 250 famous paintings on 4" by 6" Cards. On the reverse of each reproduction, an art historian (or two!) explains what the art painting means and how it shaped art history.

For more info, check out http://www.TheMasterpieceCards.com. You can also sign up for a free blog about famous paintings!

Susan Benford, Founder

These are very nice! I love how they have artist info on the back.