Menu

s/o HFClassical's school room post

jillian

I turned part of our basement into a school room a couple of years ago. I love having a separate room to store all our "stuff", and I need to be away from the kitchen/living area or else I'm distracted by all the things I need to do (laundry, cleaning, etc.)!

post-9416-13535083597279_thumb.jpg

post-9416-13535083597419_thumb.jpg

post-9416-13535083597559_thumb.jpg

post-9416-13535083597705_thumb.jpg

post-9416-13535083597851_thumb.jpg

post-9416-13535083597279_thumb.jpg

post-9416-13535083597419_thumb.jpg

post-9416-13535083597559_thumb.jpg

post-9416-13535083597705_thumb.jpg

post-9416-13535083597851_thumb.jpg

When we found this house it had a back office that I fell in love with.

Not a lot of school work gets done here....that's mostly done in the kitchen and living room. But it's a great space for crafts-which my DD loves-and for storage of supplies and books. My son also likes hanging out at his desk and working on this and that.

I'm embarrassed to say that all those cabinets are full! Between yarn and fabric for my hobbies and games, art supplies, and books for the kids-it's crammed full!

IMG_9002.jpg

I love this shower curtain from Ikea-perfect for displaying things.

IMG_9001.jpg

Love the pegboard on the wall for organizing things too!

IMG_8999.jpg

The chalkboard came with the house but I would really like to replace it with a white board.

Edited by Ann in IA

When we found this house it had a back office that I fell in love with.

Not a lot of school work gets done here....that's mostly done in the kitchen and living room. But it's a great space for crafts-which my DD loves-and for storage of supplies and books. My son also likes hanging out at his desk and working on this and that.

I'm embarrassed to say that all those cabinets are full! Between yarn and fabric for my hobbies and games, art supplies, and books for the kids-it's crammed full!

IMG_9002.jpg

I love this shower curtain from Ikea-perfect for displaying things.

IMG_9001.jpg

Love the pegboard on the wall for organizing things too!

IMG_8999.jpg

The chalkboard came with the house but I would really like to replace it with a white board.

I'd get some lovely chalk.... Is it DickBlick.com that waldorf people recommend?? It's better chalk... better coverage... and more calming :)

All your spaces look great! I love looking at these photos. Ann, I like your wire that you use to hang things, much better than my homemade ones. Where did you get it?

It's a shower curtain line from Ikea-it was less than $10 for the cable, hooks/clips, and bracket things that attach to the wall. I love the clips because they don't hurt the paper and they can move anywhere on the line or be taken off.

The kids love hanging their artwork and stuff and it can hold a lot!

I can't take credit for this idea though, I saw it on another hs board a few years ago. ;)

Well, I didn't clean anything up, so it's a mess, but here's our two spaces. The first one is at the end of our dining room... the second is just off that space... it used to be a "formal living room"... um, yeah... not since we've been here! :lol:

The kids do most of their independent work in the dining area. They work with me at the long table in the "living room" and we sprawl out on the floor for history. Science is usually done at the kitchen table since it tends to be messy! :D

post-12178-13535083599536_thumb.jpg

post-12178-13535083599864_thumb.jpg

post-12178-13535083599536_thumb.jpg

post-12178-13535083599864_thumb.jpg

I turned part of our basement into a school room a couple of years ago. I love having a separate room to store all our "stuff", and I need to be away from the kitchen/living area or else I'm distracted by all the things I need to do (laundry, cleaning, etc.)!

Where did you get that huge dry erase board?

I also love your book rack.

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful schoolrooms everyone :)!

Ours is slightly smaller than yours Beth, but we love it anyway ;).

Pics on blog of our 11 x 13 space. I'll take more wide-angle pics soon. Waiting for a sunny day. :)

Pics of our schoolroom can be found in our blog (see signature). I just posted the pics a few days ago so they can be found on the first page.