Menu

This heat makes me glad for modern fashion.

We are going to the theater tonight to see Little House on the Prairie at the Fox Theater and I am so hot!!!!!!!!! I want to wear as little clothing as possible, but that is not a good idea for so many reasons. UGH! It is 105+ with the heat index.

As a long-time historical reenactor, my experience with renaissance and medieval clothing at least is that they can be as cool or cooler than contemporary clothing. Natural fibers for the win! I'd totally be down with wearing a 14th century cotehardie all the time, but people do start to look at you a little strangely.

It's barely 60 degrees here today and the kids were bummed that they couldn't go swimming. But I must say, I'd take this over 105 any day. Yikes.

I'm preparing for it though; we are headed to Washington DC in two days and we just got the weather report from there...holy smokes.

I am not far from you and WOW has it been H-O-T, I agree!!!

We got some rain and things cooled down quite a bit-thankfully!!! It went from 90 to 77 in a matter of an hour. Talk about a cool down!!!

I could not imagine the heat without capri's and sleevless shirts! Oh, can't forget sandals and flip-flops in this heat, my feet need to breath too.

As a long-time historical reenactor, my experience with renaissance and medieval clothing at least is that they can be as cool or cooler than contemporary clothing. Natural fibers for the win! I'd totally be down with wearing a 14th century cotehardie all the time, but people do start to look at you a little strangely.

:iagree:Those petticoats actually function like a/c for all the air under there (and we actually wear 6 at our museum)!