Menu

Has anyone seen Prince of Persia - looking for reviews

Not me, but a friend saw it with her kids. They are 16 and 13 yo. She thinks it would be fine for my kids (15, 13 and 9).

The review I saw called it Pirates of the Caribbean in the desert. pluggedin.com

A man has his throat viciously slit. (We see the flesh separate and the blood pour.)

She said this actually isn't nearly as bad as this sounds. I can't remember what she said you see but this sentence left me wondering.

To give you a sample of what she and I do allow our kids to see: all have seen all Star Wars and LOTR and Narnia movies. All but my 9 yo have seen Percy Jackson. All have seen Star Trek with a couple scenes muted or kids faces turned. But then too they've all seen Hotel for Dogs, Penelope, Night at the Museum.

DS and I saw it last night. It wasn't too bad. There is a lot of war violence and way too many computer assisted stunts. The scene where the throat is cut - you don't see it occur (the sound effects are there though) but it shows the whole wound when he is lying on the floor. I have seen similar wounds and stuff on CSI or NCIS.

No foul language

Very little s**ual inuendo

Lots of violence

Christian as well as pagan references

Importance is on good character traits

I would give it a 3.9 out of 5 stars. It loses points for the stunts.

We saw it & enjoyed it.

It wasn't our favorite movie, but it was a fun, summer movie. I'd agree w/ what some of the others have posted already. We would recommend it.

Skip Marmaduke, btw. :tongue_smilie: LOL. (Ds & I saw it last night, but it was pretty lame.)

For those who have seen it - How would you compare it to Indiana Jones (i.e. the split throat and blood) in terms of violence?

My 10 year old daughter has been dying to see this - DH thinks it will be too graphic - especially on the big screen. He usually edits out the gory stiff on Indiana Jones for them.

I think its hilarious that my girlie-girl wants to see this movie so badly!

For those who have seen it - How would you compare it to Indiana Jones (i.e. the split throat and blood) in terms of violence?

My 10 year old daughter has been dying to see this - DH thinks it will be too graphic - especially on the big screen. He usually edits out the gory stiff on Indiana Jones for them.

I think its hilarious that my girlie-girl wants to see this movie so badly!

I would put it on par with Indiana Jones. I took my boys and was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I'd give it 3 stars (out of 5).

I just got back from it. I enjoyed it. I'm trying to not give away to much, but although there is violence...there's also the whole turning back time, and a sweet ending. So although it is intense at some points it ends well.

On a funny note here is how it ended for us...dh and I were on a date and in front of us were 2 elderly couples. As the credits were running Grandma#1 says..."Did you catch her name? (the princess)" Grandpa #1 replies, "No, but she was on the cover of Penthouse." Grandpa #2 says, "Not Penthouse, Playboy! and it was the back cover!!!" I'm sorry, but I laughed so hard. That was not the conversation I expected to hear! :lol:

We considered it a modern Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Dh and dd saw it first and raved about it. I saw it later and thought it was ok, but wasnt as enthusiastic as dh and dd.

We are having a party next week with the Persian theme in honour of the movie. The costumes appeal to us.

We saw it yesterday, but my youngest is 14....

I thought the violence shown was more "swashbuckling" than "blood and gore."

I found more unsettling the vipers and hassassins scenes--they were soooo creepy; a young (14yo) friend of ours would be uncomfortable with those scenes. (FTR, my kids weren't.)

Overall, an entertaining flick.

HTH,

Fun summer action flick. I took my almost 10 yo to see it and she loved it. She's also loved Avatar, Indiana Jones, Narnia, LoTR, The Mummy, Percy Jackson but most of those over the last year or so. Many would have been too intense for her much earlier than that.