Menu

The rain can stop now!!!!

Guest ToGMom
I'll trade you the rain for the heat we have

:iagree: -- can't believe it's only May -- in Maine!! (need I say more?? :D)

Ugh. I hear you! We've had RAIN, RAIN, and more RAIN!! It's horrible! But, our grass is SO green. It needs to be cut 2 - 3 times/week!

We're now in a heat wave. 87 is the high tomorrow. I'm LOVING it!!!! But, many here are complaining. It's too hot too fast.

I hope your rain stops soon so you can enjoy the green!

I know! The rain is killing me! The rain barrels overfloweth.

Really? I didn't think it was that bad this year. mOmmabuck lives where they get even more than us.

Our secret is: good rain gear, a mud area, extra shoes so a pair can be drying, a radiant source of heat to warm up by.

I'm afraid this Summer is going to be like the Summer we had two years ago where there were *3 days* of 80/90 degree temps with crystal blue skies, and then 60's and 70's and rain all the rest of the time.

I keep checking the 10-day forecast on weather.com in the hopes of seeing a stretch of little tiny suns, instead of rain, rain, and rain.

Seriously! I'm afraid my children are going to grow webbed feet and start communicating with a series of quacks and tail-feather shakes. This is ridiculous, even for the Pacific NW!

Could you send some of it here to Arizona, please. Pretty Please.

Okay, I take that back. Quack! or is that Smurgle! (the sound of a geoduck sinking into the mud).

Today as I was walking to work, getting soaked through even with rain gear, I wondered if you might change your mind. A week ago Sunday we had Commencement, which is my last official full-time work day, and now I'm on my summer schedule, part time-on call, and I do believe it's rained every day since my "vacation" started. Bike to Work Week was brutal. But what really bothers me is the dark, having to have the lights on inside in the brightest room in the house in the day time. Yuckadoo.

I'm afraid this Summer is going to be like the Summer we had two years ago where there were *3 days* of 80/90 degree temps with crystal blue skies, and then 60's and 70's and rain all the rest of the time.

I keep checking the 10-day forecast on weather.com in the hopes of seeing a stretch of little tiny suns, instead of rain, rain, and rain.

That was so, so awful! Worst summer since 1989, the year I graduated from college and worked a M-F, 9-5 job. It seriously rained every single weekend for months, and was sunny during the work week. But at least there was sun that summer.

Dang, though, I hope it's not like that summer. I will have to pack up the boys and head east if we get that again. I entertained the thought that summer of going to eastern Washington and staying at some crap hotel by a freeway, with a pool, just so I could sit in the sun and be warm enough for a few hours.

Dang, though, I hope it's not like that summer. I will have to pack up the boys and head east if we get that again. I entertained the thought that summer of going to eastern Washington and staying at some crap hotel by a freeway, with a pool, just so I could sit in the sun and be warm enough for a few hours.

Don't bother packing up...we're having unseasonably cool and wet weather in Eastern WA too. We're still waiting for warm spring weather instead of waking up to the gray wet stuff. I feel like I'm back in Seattle.

Don't bother packing up...we're having unseasonably cool and wet weather in Eastern WA too. We're still waiting for warm spring weather instead of waking up to the gray wet stuff. I feel like I'm back in Seattle.

:willy_nilly:

Okay, then. I'll try to hold out a while longer. You let me know when it's safe to pack up the van, and I'll be right over.

This is ridiculous, even for the Pacific NW!
No kidding. Our basement flooded for the first time in four years today. Grrrrrrr.

I can't imagine you guys in Maine have that much heat to fuss about. :). We are already in the mid-90s plus massive humidity! I'm so happy because it's only going to be low 90s for 2 days; tomorrow and Sunday. It's already so hot that it is almost miserable by the pool.

On the good side, we have at least about 50% chance for rain this weekend. We can cross our fingers and hope.

Hot in Maine! Ha! (just kidding, what do you call hot in Maine?)