Menu

I guess another kitten just died.....

I just got an email from our pediatrician's office wishing a happy Mother's Day to all the "mom's" out there. Ugh.

I had to think about that for a moment.:lol:

It has just not ever, ever ocurred to me to add an apostrophe to a word when making it plural (except for the few and obvious exceptions). What is up with that???

So tragic...

This is a pet peeve of mine too. I cringe everytime I see it (and now that I know a kitten dies when that happens, cringing is an entirely appropriate response - in fact, I think I'll add some weeping to my response repertoire for this one). :tongue_smilie:

I would have remained blissfully unaware of the fate of the poor kittens had it not been for Mrs. Mungo's signature. And by "Mrs. Mungo's" I mean possessed by Mrs. Mungo, not more than one Mrs. Mungo......

Nope, we all know there is only ONE Mrs. Mungo. ;)

You guys are so funny!

In a similar vein, I've never understood why the apostrophe is before the 's' in the name of today's holiday. Isn't it the day for all mothers?

Chelle, obviously pondering the big issues of life

I've pondered this too (another deep thinker here)... I wonder what cute, fuzzy little creature dies when the word does call for an apostrophe but you put it in the wrong place?? :tongue_smilie:

I just got an email from our pediatrician's office wishing a happy Mother's Day to all the "mom's" out there. Ugh.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo!!!!!

I would have remained blissfully unaware of the fate of the poor kittens had it not been for Mrs. Mungo's signature. And by "Mrs. Mungo's" I mean possessed by Mrs. Mungo, not more than one Mrs. Mungo......

I do what I can. :lol:

Nope, we all know there is only ONE Mrs. Mungo. ;)

Thank goodness!

And she is possessed...

:lol:

a

:smilielol5: