Menu

Stomach ache after swimming lessons...

Does she have a snack before swimming? Something like crackers on her tummy might help to keep the chlorine from bothering it. My other two thoughts are that swimming is making her hungry and she might want a snack (a banana is perfect) right after she finishes her lesson. Or, that she is simply getting nervous during her lesson.

It's interesting that you say that, because my oldest, when he was younger, would always get diarrhea the night after swimming...it didn't matter what pool we went to. I often thought it must be from swallowing chlorine, but never could find any real evidence for it causing that.

She doesn't describe the classic "stitch in the side", but a full tummy ache. She is pretty wiry, so perhaps it's just a low-body fat thing. I'll try some crackers before-hand. She won't eat bananas (I don't like them but a few times a year, either). Perhaps I could get a bit of cheese down her throat :)

She doesn't describe the classic "stitch in the side", but a full tummy ache. She is pretty wiry, so perhaps it's just a low-body fat thing. I'll try some crackers before-hand. She won't eat bananas (I don't like them but a few times a year, either). Perhaps I could get a bit of cheese down her throat :)

You may want to try having her eat something high in protein about an hour before the class. A bean burrito, chicken wrap/sandwich, a power bar (the Luna ones have fun flavors) or something similar. DS used to run out of fuel in class and it would make him sick. He needed to eat an extra meal to get through swimming class.