Menu

Businesses that give free stuff for good grades....

How can homeschool kids get in on the deals? My dd is 1st grade and I don't give grades. It seems unfair that homeschool kids who have been working hard get left out because they don't get report cards. Thoughts?

BTW, I know some of you are very much against rewarding for grades, so let's just assume we are all ok with a free "X" for getting good grades.

Go over to http://www.donnayoung.org and print one out. Just mark your best fair assessment as her grade and hand it to her. *shrug*

Our problem with the rewards for good grades or reading X amount of books is the prizes are always food. Three of my four students are allergic or intolerant to all of it.

Some businesses specifically include homeschoolers. For example, Pizza Hut's Book It program is open to homeschoolers. They get a free personal pizza for meeting their reading goal each month; you set the goal.

Whatever business you are interested in, call and ask them if and how homeschoolers can participate.

I'd just make up a report card. We don't do grades either but the way I interpret that is we work until the children have full mastery of a subject for their grade level...translation....its an 'A'. We work hard in our school and if a business offers an incentive for good grades then it should include homeschoolers as well. :)

For the person who asked about what is being given for grades, here is a list of places here in N. VA. It's probably the same across the US. It's nice that a few are not food.

Krispy Kreme: free donut per

Chick-Fil-A: free 8-count nuggets

McDonald's: free Happy Meal

Limited Too: $5 off... See More

Brunswick lanes and SOME AMF lanes:1 free game per A

Safeways: free cupcake

Pizza Hut/S'barro: free kid's pizza and drink

Blockbuster: 1 free rental

Baskin Robbins: free scoop

Chuck E. Cheese: free tokens

For the person who asked about what is being given for grades, here is a list of places here in N. VA. It's probably the same across the US. It's nice that a few are not food.

Krispy Kreme: free donut per

Chick-Fil-A: free 8-count nuggets

McDonald's: free Happy Meal

Limited Too: $5 off... See More

Brunswick lanes and SOME AMF lanes:1 free game per A

Safeways: free cupcake

Pizza Hut/S'barro: free kid's pizza and drink

Blockbuster: 1 free rental

Baskin Robbins: free scoop

Chuck E. Cheese: free tokens

I'd really love to see books given away LOL! Maybe even movie or play tickets for reading a book series.

The ps here don't give letter grades until 3rd grade and some of the private ones wait until 5th. I've never seen anyone look at the report card to check it.

I agree with printing one of your own. This is just advertising for the business. If you drive to Krispy Kreme to get a free doughnut for your child's grades, would you not buy more doughnuts for the rest of your family? I think any business will happily accept your report card!